Recommeded Dealerships

Started by Liz, May 31, 2003, 10:33

Liz

Please can you reply to this thread with details of your Mr T dealer, we are looking to writing to those in respect of obtaining discounted parts/labour servicing and aftermarket parts for club members . Rather than write to each dealer in the country at the moment - the idea is to write to those used by members that they feel give a good service.

I will start the ball rolling with Rayleigh Toyota, A127, Nr Sarfend.

I would be grateful if you could include the address of the dealership - or put a hyperlink into your reply so I can get the address from there.

Thanks to all.   s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Well here is my main dealer.

m http://dealers.toyota.co.uk/bluesky/jsp ... ealerId=79 m

Been very good up to now so no complaints.

I have signed up to a servicing plan they run which is a set price for 3 or 4 years servicing & MOT's. I just paid 12 installments & that's it. Any other dealers offer this???

Anonymous

Heres mine....

m http://dealers.toyota.co.uk/bluesky/jsp ... ealerId=63 m

Gave me a great deal on my car and the sales people are great....

Slacey

I've had outstanding service from these guys....

William A Lewis (Shrewsbury)
Harlescott Lane
Harlescott
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
SY1 3AD
Tel: 01743 463977
Fax: 01743 463978

Thoroughly recommended!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Comer

My local dealer managed to get me a J Spec badge within days and I'm hoping my first service will be smooth.

Hills of Bishop's Stortford
200/210 Dunmow Road
Bishop's Stortford
Herts
CM23 5HW

Tel: 01279 654335
Fax: 01279 652205

m http://www.toypta.co.uk/hills-bs m
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Mark Kass Toyota
2 Argul Road
Dukes park industrial park
Chelmsford
Essex
CM2 6PY
01245 462222

A1 service liz a very high grade of service i've tryed a few toyota garages and this is the best yet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I second Buster with Mark Kass Toyota, Chelmsford.

They took ours in to do a full heat treatment for the laquer blemishs with no questions...they dealt with the original dealer (as this is a dealer chargeable issue).  They did a full valet, and got rid of the wash scratches whilst they where there.

Not had a service yet, but its the same dept, so expect good things from them.  Their sales people where also great, especially considering I told them I would be sourcing the car myself not through them.

Liz

Come on people!!!! - not wishing to sound like a nag   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  but 63 registered users and only 6 replies, just give me the name of the dealership if you can't get the address/weblink and I will do the rest

SimonC_Here

Liz,
The thread was 'Favourite Dealership'
'fraid my local one (the one I am forced to use) doesn't count..........

Simon

GSB

Jemca Metro.
but we already know about that one...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I've only brought the car from my dealer and not had any other dealing with them yet, but can't fault the sales team.

Ryburn Toyota
Low Lane,
High Leven,
Yarm,
Cleveland.
01642 808000

Anonymous

Simon

How come you are "forced" to use your local dealership? Surely there is more than 1 in the South East within reasonable cruising distance? Anyway, why not look upon the extra mileage as a great excuse for a blast, even if it is only once or twice a year?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

QuoteAnyway, why not look upon the extra mileage as a great excuse for a blast, even if it is only once or twice a year?
s:D :D s:D   not though of it like that, the only problem is getting around if they need to keep it for a while.

Not really sure where the next closest one is,
The ones in Maidstone, Canterbury and Ashford are all the same group, using the same garages I think.

Simon

Anonymous

Well, I have used two and they are both very good.

Bury St Edmonds Toyota (ask for Jim)

and

Coldhams Lane Toyota, Cambridge (temporary residence at the moment until the new building is finished. Very nice it is too.......)

Anonymous

Simon

Go to  w www.Toyota.co.uk w , click on dealer locator, then map, then London and you will find a shit-load of dealers. Hopefully, MrT's information is up-to-date, as their web site is managed by a third party.

Good luck.

SimonC_Here

Should have though of looking there I suppose.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

London is a little far away but Beadles in Maidstone looks like a good bet.
Even has a picture of a 2 in the workshop on their site!

Slightly more on topic,
Inchcape Toyota in Oxford was very good when I stopped there after my aircon compressor seized up. Friendly and helpful even on a busy Sunday!

Simon

Anonymous

Liz

I am sure that you aren't a nag!  There are now the grand total of 65 forum members. If I remember correctly the old forum had 212, so where are all those that have fallen by the wayside? Is there any possibility of our IT wizkids re-accessing the information so that it's not lost forever?

With the European liglislation on Block Exemption coming into play in September other manufacturers may follow Mercedes lead and move into puchasing dealerships, instead of having to allow them to deal with more than one range od cars on the same site.

It would appear that my dealer in Stratford-upon-Avon is anticipating losing the dealership, as they have already puchased the Citroen garage next door. It's a great pity because Murley Autos have always given me great service, even when they haven't supplied the car.

By all means the information could be collated but if the above happens the service levels may plummet, as they appear to have done at Mercedes-purchased garages.

Anonymous

Simon

If a dealer wants your business badly enough I am sure they will offer you a courtesy car. Try asking for a Yaris T Sport (the "pocket rocket").

Liz

OK,

Title now changed - HTH  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Hope4Sun

I'd better mention Dingles then  s:) :) s:) , they were very supportive when the club was first started and have helped me supply group buy and discounted parts to quite a few people in the USA, they will provide parts discounts to club owners to   s8) 8) s8)  

Dingles Toyota, 88 Mile Cross Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR6 6SH, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1603 482824 Fax: +44 (0)1603 482877

The man to speak to is Ian McDonald

e mailto:ian.mcdonald@dingles-norwich.toyota.co.uk">ian.mcdonald@dingles-norwich.toyota.co.uk e

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Chris

Well, not used 'em for anything other than buying my car yet, but my dealer is fox's near orpington:

m http://dealers.toyota.co.uk/bluesky/jsp ... ealerId=21 m
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Anybody taken their MR2 to a dealer called Bromham? They have been highly recommended to me but I know absolutely nothing about them, apart from them being somewhere near Bedford.

JR

Anonymous

If you are looking for a decent sales guy, Ameet at Dunstable Toyota is a good sort and is a bit of a Supra enthusiast so that counts in my books.

However on the after sales side they are trying to up their game after I had the worst customer experience I have ever had with an individual there   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  . However having put a written complaint in to the regional director, I received a call a few days later to say he had been transfered. It seems I may have been one pissed off customer too many for his management and they moved him.

L

Anonymous

McCarthy in Croydon have been excellent since I bought from them last year.  All warranty jobs have been done without question (they even replaced my disks as they were scored during a service, which was nice as the pads needed changing!). They are even painting my calipers red under warranty (due to the crappy look due to the lack of laquer).

Anonymous

ive now changed my mind about my local dealer... sales people are great, parts/service are sucky as hell... i wouldnt bother to contact them for any discounts etc!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Tags: