Dyno on Hayward & Scott?

Started by Anonymous, August 16, 2003, 03:04

Anonymous

I searched (honest) and did not see any before/after dyno figures. Did anyone get them done, is anyone planning on doing it?

GSB

At the moment I have the only Hayward & Scott exhaust in existence, and I did try to dyno it, but circumstances and the weather conspired to ruin the day so I never managed to get a reliable baseline dyno plot to compare it against.

However, you will have noticed that there is a group buy in progress and H&S are making a further 10 of these pipes for members of MR2-ROC, and I anticipate that at least a couple of these will be doing before and after plots on a dyno.

Watch this space...

Also for those members in the USA, Hayward & Scott will export directly to you, but you might find it interesting to note that H&S are the manufacturers of the "Scoobysport" exhausts made for Impreza's, There is an official importer for these in the states, meaning that you guys already have an importer for H&S products on that side of the pond. It might be worth your while finding out who it is and seeing what sort of deal they can do for you guys?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Animal

Go onto the Performance Related section, line 3 Hot Weather and Performance. On page 2 I reported on a dyno run I had just had done on my stock car with a  K&N filter pad replacement fitted. The intention is to go back for a re-run when the H&S exhaust has been fitted. I will probably put the stock filter pad back in for the first run to see what difference the exhaust on it's own makes and then get them to do another one with the K&N pad in.

I am surprised that Grant forgot the above because he gave me some superb temperature, humidity and barometric pressure figures for the precise time on the day I had the test done.

Slightly off-topic, but still on performance my archery bow performed very well last Saturday on that flight shoot I was going to. I have been working on some lighter arrows using the same specification aluminium/carbon shafts made by Easton (USA). I smashed my previous best distance achieved at the only tournament I have been to (practice doesn't count).
Bow weight not exceeding 45lbs - 444.72 metres (486yds 1ft, ie beat my previous best by 131yds).
Bow weight not exceeding 60lbs (but only 50lbs on my bow) - 477.25 metres (521yds 2ft 9ins) Not shot over 45lbs before.
The weather conditions weren't ideal, but even so 3 other archers managed to beat some FITA World Records.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Thanks.

GSB

Quote from: "Roger H"I am surprised that Grant forgot the above because he gave me some superb temperature, humidity and barometric pressure figures for the precise time on the day I had the test done.

True, but when you have such an extended period between the dyno runs you can introduce a whole load of other variables that can affect the reading. Anything from different fuel to different tyre pressures will affect the outcome of the dyno test.

By far the best way is to do a run just before the exhaust is fitted, and just after. That way you are running on the same fuel, the same tyre pressures, the same atmospheric conditions, same dyno calibration settings, same operator, same temperature probe location etc.

i.e. the only variable that will have changed is the exhaust. Any other error inducing variables will be exactly the same, thus neatly canelling themselves out of the final equation...  

If I may make a suggestion, There is a suitable dyno at TDI in Barking, which is a short drive up the A13 from H&S. Perhaps one of the new owners could book a dyno run before and after his/her fitting, thus removing any doubt about the readings...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Cheers Grant

It hadn't occured to me that the long delay would stuff up all I was attempting to do on my visit to Power Station in Cheltenham on 19th July.

So who in the GB lives closish to Barking and can get TDI to do before and after power runs very close together? That would achieve what I was hoping to do ie get positive written proof that the H&S exhaust does or does not increase the car's bhp. If it doesn't we then have details to supply to an Insurer who contends that the exhaust will have improved performance.

Anonymous

I'd be surprised if the HS exhaust didn't give more power, they make some of the best systems in the world i'd say.

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I'd be surprised if the HS exhaust didn't give more power, they make some of the best systems in the world i'd say.

I've never really heard of that before...can you compare it to say Janspeed..? Lot better, lil better..?

Janspeed used to have the only exhaust for Mk1 MR2 that actually made some good power..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hi Tem

Good to see the boobs back again  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I'd be surprised if the HS exhaust didn't give more power, they make some of the best systems in the world i'd say.

I've never really heard of that before...can you compare it to say Janspeed..? Lot better, lil better..?

Janspeed used to have the only exhaust for Mk1 MR2 that actually made some good power..

The HS is basically a British Team Moon.  HS have been making exhausts for years even making F1 systems I think.

GSB

Here it is, courtesy of Roger H... Only other engine mod is a K&N filter panel in the stock air intake.

The plot includes power and torque at both the wheels and flywheel, both before and after the fitment of the exhaust.

Tags: