J Spec mud flaps..

Started by dimwit, August 17, 2003, 12:14

dimwit

Anonymous

yeah, black ones from Mr T. The J-Spec ones we got from Japanparts. A few of us have them and they looks superb!

dimwit

Kris, have they got a web address mate..

Anonymous

Heres mine

Anonymous

Quote from: "dimwit"Kris, have they got a web address mate..

m http://www.japanparts.com m

dimwit

Yep, they look the buisness going to get some..
Kris thanks for the web address..   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Good stuff - be warned though, they work out expensive after customs etc...

Tem

Over here the mud flaps are colored and you can't get black ones. I can only assume it's the same in rest of the Europe. Might be cheaper to get them from Germany/something than Japan..?

Edit: The above black means non-painted...you can get them painted to match the black  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

My car was sourced from Denmark and arrived fitted with 'J-Spec' mudflaps free of charge, so Tem's right, they probably aren't that expensive in Europe.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dimwit

Hmmm, Good idea..
Does anybody know if they are j-spec ones over in the states, i'll be going over there soon, could save myself a few bob on the postage/customs  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

You could speak to some of the guys over on spyderchat and see if they know anywhere near where your going that either sells them or can get them in for you.

Tem

I think the spyderchatlians are getting them from Japanparts.

markiii

Speak to Steve Ganz at Carson City Toyota, he usually has stff liek this in stock. I've saved a packet bringing stuff back form US visits in the past.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Next time I go to MRT I will ask if I can get them, and in which colours. No promisses though.

EDIT: OK, I just got back from MRT.

They are available to order in 16 different colours! The cost is EUR 256 per set of 4  or EUR 128 for a set of 2.

I personally think thats quite expensive.

@TEM What price is your dealer asking and does he have all colours?

@ALL: Have you asked your dealer(S) if they can order them for you in the UK?

dimwit

Victor,
        EUR 256 for a set of four that works out to about £178 plus post which is very expensive. MrT over here could supply and paint for £155 (EUR 222) which i also think is a lot!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Markiii, i'll have a word with Steve at Carson City and get some other goodies as well..Hope customs are sleeping on my return..  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

Take them out fo the official packaging, i.e bags and boxes with part numbers on, and post the recepts back to yourself.

Seconhand stuff has no tax to pay  :-) :-) :-)

Just in case.

3am flights also help.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dimwit

Sorted mate!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "victor"@TEM What price is your dealer asking and does he have all colours?

No idea about the price, I just have brochures of those without prices. All body colors are available though.

I'll ask about the price later today.

Tem

Quote from: "dimwit"MrT over here could supply and paint for £155 (EUR 222) which i also think is a lot!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

FWIW, you can also check local car part stores. I found a set of mudflaps that with the Roadster for about 5 euros. I'm sure the paintjob wouldn't be too much...

They aren't identical to the Toyota flasp though, but a big bigger. And you have to figure out how to attach them.

Tags: