'05 Silver with dark grey wheels

Started by Anonymous, August 1, 2005, 20:59

Anonymous

Clicky for photo (apologies for grainy image, was taken with a phone!)

Saw this today at Hill's in Bishops Stortford, and I think those wheels really work on that car! They're the stock ones re-painted, but I'm still quite surprised I like them considering dark wheels usually look sh*te on a silver motor.

darrenjuggins

Hi Ekona,

Someone posted a few months back a silver with the alloy's done dark.... I was a little rude, so I won't be so rude this time, but I really don't think the silver and dark wheels go.....

I was contemplating having my spare set done in dark / gun metal, but I think I'll just have them done in silver again.

I know everyone has thier own taste and I think they look great on shawn's black one, but not on Silver for me.

Sorry (Hope I wasn't as rude this time)

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

No worries mate, each to their own.

Looking back at the photo though, it doesn't look quite as good as in real life. I still think they're ok though.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

I had the same dilemma when mine were refinished - saw a pic of bronze stocks on a red car and thought they looked wicked.....next day I changed my mind & thought they looked cr*p!

Ended up with a silver which is more "lively" than the originals & I'm v. chuffed with 'em.

I can see what you're getting at Eko - maybe the grainy pic doesn't do them justice. The shade probably has to be just right for them to trigger your lurve button   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Shame its a silver car though, eh?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Shame its a silver car though, eh?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Not really: Despite the extra weight from the paint on those wheels, we all know it'll still be the fastest colour...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

darrenjuggins

Hi Ekona,

I think it was the owner last time I was saying I didn't like them to and I felt bad afterward, he was really chuffed with them.

As you say, I guess it depends on the light you see them in.

They certainly seem well finished.

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Glad I've seen that picture, mine is silver, and am looking too get my wheels refurbished, and have wondered how the wheels would look done in a darker colour.  

I think that looks ok, the other guy who Darren insulted I think had them done in black, I remember seeing the pictures, and it didn't look all that nice.   But the dark grey/gun metal type colour looks alright, think I'll get mine done a more sparkly shade of silver though

darrenjuggins

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Make me feel bad doony or what !!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Darren A. Juggins

MRMike

I think that looks absolutely awesome! Wish I had done that on mine when I had yellow callipers...that would have looked great!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tags: