CAN I GET AN INDUCTION KIT FOR MY 2?

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2005, 21:17

Anonymous

Phoned round a few places to get a price for an induction kit, got told that they don't actually do one for the Roadster, is this the case.  Was looking to spend round about £80-£100 for the usual pipercross etc.

Anyone help me.

Thanks

kanujunkie

they certainly do make a kit, apexi make a real nice kit that can be imported for the price your talking about, try
 m http://www.japanparts.com/shop/shop.cgi ... ir+Element m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

cheers kanujunkie

you any idea if this will give the car a nice rip? I had a pipercross on my old car and the noise from the induction alone was sweet, never had a sports exhaust on it and it still sounded good.

Looking for the Same Again.

dreambackup

PPE will sell you on nice sounding CAI with an Apex'I filter (the best ever).

I wouldn't say about the 4whp but lower revs torque has increased, that's for sure and the noise, God, the noise  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

m http://www.ppeengineering.com/mr2intake.htm m
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

the sound is awesome.especially going through a tunnel.
only downside is that u use more petrol because you keep it in gear longer just the hear the noise at higher revs.  s:D :D s:D

dreambackup

Quote from: "jonboy"only downside is that u use more petrol because you keep it in gear longer just the hear the noise at higher revs.  s:D :D s:D
on the bright side, on the motorway, far from tunnels, I think you get a better mpg...  s8) 8) s8)
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

was looking to spend under £100 so that is out my range that one, looks very nice though

kanujunkie

just get the Apexi then, the sound is great, and just makes you want to gun it at every opppotunity, get one, you wont regret it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/mr2-airfilter.html

you can get one from here.not ordered from then before but the price is around what u want to pay.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/mr2-airfilter.html

you can get one from here.not ordered from then before but the price is around what u want to pay.

Except you need to add-on 17.5% VAT plus postage   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Daz,

According to 'Extreme Motor Sport' (Harlow, Essex) Pipercross do make a kit for the roadster, it's part number PK303. Give them a call on 08700 465566 as they are listing them for £69.99 with free postage.

Steve.

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice lads

So Pipercross or Apexi?????

Just want what is the loudest

TommyD

I've still got an AEM CAI for sale. Brand new imported from MRR. Going Turbo now so need to sell. PM if your interested.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "daz8365"So Pipercross or Apexi?????

You want loud...then Blitz is the one for you my friend   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Jap GT300

I would say the PPE is louder than the Blitz, It is also a nicer sound and sucks in less dirt.

edward.carter

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "daz8365"So Pipercross or Apexi?????

You want loud...then Blitz is the one for you my friend   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
I would never touch the blitz personally saw a test somewhere, they were testing for filtration and the apexi came out as clean as it went in and the when they tested the blitz it was black, like there was no filter there, wouldnt want all that dirt sucked into my engine! cant remember where i saw it now, think it was a link from here to some FTO site if i remember correctly!   s:? :? s:?

markiii

your correct in that teh apexi is a far better filter, but surely a dirty filter proves it is doing it's job, where as a clean one obviously isn't filtering anything?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"your correct in that the apexi is a far better filter, but surely a dirty filter proves it is doing it's job, where as a clean one obviously isn't filtering anything?

In the test though, it wasn't the filter that was dirty - it was a piece of gauze that was placed between the filter and a suction device (i.e. hoover, if memory serves)

Has anyone looked at the 'clean' side of their OEM filter lately, though?  s;) ;) s;)  I just looked at mine - the dirty side (i.e. away from engine) was black, the inside was looking mighty grey too..

So I'd say the OEM filters don't filter all that well either..

As an aside, just how much of a git is getting the filter out?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  heh  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "markiii"your correct in that the apexi is a far better filter, but surely a dirty filter proves it is doing it's job, where as a clean one obviously isn't filtering anything?

In the test though, it wasn't the filter that was dirty - it was a piece of gauze that was placed between the filter and a suction device (i.e. hoover, if memory serves)

yep thats exactly what it was and the blitz was v.poor and the apexi was very good there were a couple of others in between aswell.

Anonymous

Mind I am looking to spend round about £100 so what is the best model for a good noise out of the:

PPE (What does that stand for?)

Apexi

Pipercross

AEM CAI (Can get one of these for £125 brand new, is this a good make and model?)

Sorry for sounding thick, would rather ask before I buy.

Thanks

markiii

go with PPE or Apexi
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

edward.carter

Quote from: "daz8365"AEM CAI (Can get one of these for £125 brand new, is this a good make and model?)

wheres that from?

edward.carter

anybody know anywhere in uk that supplies the ppe cai, googled and only place can find it is dirctly from them for $267   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?

aaronjb

BTW, FWIW, I had a Blitz filter on the 300ZX for several thousand miles.

Upon disassembly there was no noticeable particulate erosion of the impellor blades in the turbo, or in the valvetrain or cylinders..

Having said that, the difference between the Blitz & A'pexi on the dyno (in that test) was something like 0.9bhp, so hardly worth risking anything over.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dreambackup

Quote from: "edward.carter"they were testing for filtration and the apexi came out as clean as it went in and the when they tested the blitz it was black, like there was no filter there, wouldnt want all that dirt sucked into my engine! cant remember where i saw it now, think it was a link from here to some FTO site if i remember correctly!   s:? :? s:?
are you talking about that article?

m http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html m

from a supra oriented website  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: