CAN I GET AN INDUCTION KIT FOR MY 2?

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2005, 21:17

edward.carter

Quote from: "dreambackup"
Quote from: "edward.carter"they were testing for filtration and the apexi came out as clean as it went in and the when they tested the blitz it was black, like there was no filter there, wouldnt want all that dirt sucked into my engine! cant remember where i saw it now, think it was a link from here to some FTO site if i remember correctly!   s:? :? s:?
are you talking about that article?

m http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html m

from a supra oriented website  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Ok ok   s:D :D s:D     yep that was the one! just shows you when ever anyone thinks of tuning jap cars hks and blitz are the two big names that come to mind, always worth doing a bit of research first, only paying for the name!

philster_d

Been throught that before.

Is fixed to a hoover sucking up some dirt realy a real life like application ? Probably not.

Always had no problem with HKS super power flows myself.

/philster.

edward.carter

dunno really just shows theres not much filtration and its letting more dirt into your engine.

philster_d

Fine dust, wich is removed in the oil anyway.

Its the "bits" you dont want, scratching and grinding stuff.

Also if it all stops at the filter wont the filter clog quicker and start to choke my baby?

Flip

edward.carter

spose thats another way of looking at it, quite fancying one for mine, anything be better (noise) than standard airbox   s:) :) s:)

dreambackup

I guess the finer the filter, the better... IF it give the same power / torque gain... and noise too!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I am so happy with the PPE with Apexi... it must be love!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

oh, BTW, I cleaned it after something like 10000 miles and it was soooo dirty from the outside and sooooo clean from the inside, it's really good for the peace of mind  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

mileage is better than ever now that I can resist tunnels with the foot planted down (usually at around 6500 rpms  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

edward.carter

Quote from: "dreambackup"I guess the finer the filter, the better... IF it give the same power / torque gain... and noise too!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I am so happy with the PPE with Apexi... it must be love!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

oh, BTW, I cleaned it after something like 10000 miles and it was soooo dirty from the outside and sooooo clean from the inside, it's really good for the peace of mind  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

mileage is better than ever now that I can resist tunnels with the foot planted down (usually at around 6500 rpms  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

did you get yours direct from ppe, or did you get in europe?

Ernie Ball

Newbie question:

If I've got markiii's inlet duct I suppose the next thing to do is put a better filter in the airbox, right?  I'm thinking TRD, but should I be thinking about something else?

Now the really newb question: am I correct to think that having the markiii inlet duct is in lieu of adding some aftermarket CAI?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

dreambackup

Quote from: "edward.carter"did you get yours direct from ppe, or did you get in europe?
I got it from MRS-passion, he gave me a good price (comparing to PPE's price AND shipping fee).
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

markiii

yes yes and yes  :-) :-) :-)

you now have amore effective CAI than those you can buy.

a TRD filter will finish it off nicely.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

edward.carter

Quote from: "dreambackup"
Quote from: "edward.carter"did you get yours direct from ppe, or did you get in europe?
I got it from MRS-passion, he gave me a good price (comparing to PPE's price AND shipping fee).
cheers just checked it out and its over £100 more than from ppe, cheers for the info anyway

dreambackup

just send an e-mail to Dieamond... maybe... you know what I mean?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: