Top Gear magazine this month

Started by Anonymous, August 8, 2005, 17:04

Anonymous

Anyone got Top Gear mag this month yet? If not, I suggest you do. There's no bits on the MR2 or anything like that, however it does come with the greatest free gift ever...

A MAGNETIC COOL WALL FOR YOUR FRIDGE!

Here's mine (click for larger image):

Best. Thing. Ever.   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

You should put the DB9 inside the fridge...

Anonymous

Got it yesterday and still haven't even got it out the packet yet.

Might have a go at it later on tonight.

spit

So, just out of interest, where do we all think the '2 should go  s:?: :?: s:?:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "spit"So, just out of interest, where do we all think the '2 should go  s:?: :?: s:?:

the freezer

Anonymous

Nope, it would go in the 'Uncool' section. If you understand how the Cool Wall works, then that's the only possible place for it.

spit

I'm all for covering up the mini with it!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I reckon the '2 should go in cool, infact i'm going to make a little picture of it so I can put it there on my cool wall.

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuartE"...infact i'm going to make a little picture of it so I can put it there on my cool wall.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    that is SOOO uncool!     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris

Quote from: "Ekona"Nope, it would go in the 'Uncool' section. If you understand how the Cool Wall works, then that's the only possible place for it.

Never have quite understood it fully - it seems to change depending on whos asking the questions...    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Isn't it Kristin Scott-Thomas they use to decide?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"Isn't it Kristin Scott-Thomas they use to decide?

It used to be. I think she shacked up with someone so they now use Fiona Bruce.   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Suzuki Liana and Skoda Fabia are 'cool'?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

why???????????

that is wrong on so many levels

and the Disco and Fiesta ST at sub zero!   s:x :x s:x  

I am sure both Scott-Thomas and Bruce would agree with me on this.

James

Anonymous

I got mine  s:) :) s:)  my mate and I have been arguing all week about what should go where  s:) :) s:)  

Here's mine:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1855/dsc000771hh.jpg

<mod>image changed to link due to image size</mod>

Anonymous

Quote from: "jamesn"Suzuki Liana and Skoda Fabia are 'cool'?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

why???????????

that is wrong on so many levels

and the Disco and Fiesta ST at sub zero!   s:x :x s:x  

I am sure both Scott-Thomas and Bruce would agree with me on this.

James

I stand by my decisions.

The Liana is cool simply because of the Top Gear connection (would you even notice one in the street otherwise?), and the Fabia is essentially an Audi without the 'Look At Me!' four circles on the front. Understated cool.

The Disco is supremely cool: the best off-roader bar none, and you can't tell me the whole electronic-suspension setting thing isn't awesome! As for the Fiesta ST... That's a personal one. I love those cars, and with a bit more oomph I'd be tempted to get one as a second car. Anyways, I'm from Essex, I have to have a Ford in there somewhere!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

It's becoming clear that some people just have no taste in cars  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I mean.. 350Z under uncool, doony?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

(And please, can someone edit that pic to be a link.. it's a tad on the large side   s:? :? s:?  )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "spit"So, just out of interest, where do we all think the '2 should go  s:?: :?: s:?:

IIRC the 2 is on the TG cool wall on the far right of the "cool" section.

Look out for this picture next time you watch it:

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"It's becoming clear that some people just have no taste in cars  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I mean.. 350Z under uncool, doony?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

(And please, can someone edit that pic to be a link.. it's a tad on the large side   s:? :? s:?  )

hehe, was a tad too large, forgot too resize it first   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

And the 350z is not a car, it's not particularly good looking, isn't a particularly great car by all accounts, and is slower that the 300zx, and I wouldn't buy one...so uncool!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"

IIRC the 2 is on the TG cool wall on the far right of the "cool" section.

Look out for this picture next time you watch it:

sorry to say but i think they moved it to the uncool section, not good  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

When I went to TG there wasn't an MR2 on the wall anywhere   s:? :? s:?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

i remember seeing it on the cool section as well, how come they moved it?

Peter Laborne

Not sure. I swear it is still in the cool section. Have to look out next time it is on.

BTW - did anyone read Nuts the other week. Jeremy Clarkson was listing his top 5 cars to sħag in. Up there with the Range Rover, Aston, Hummer was our little 2!!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

it's been removed all together! May have taken it off last series or something,  as I remember seeing it on re runs on UKTV People

m http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/coolwall/ m

kanujunkie

ok someone explain to me how the street kak gets on the sub zero list!  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"ok someone explain to me how the street kak gets on the sub zero list!  s:? :? s:?

Because Ford payed them more than Toyota did   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: