Anyone interested in clear wind deflectors ?

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2003, 14:27

Anonymous

If anyone is interested in getting a clear wind deflector, a local company to me can laser cut them using the original as a template. Minimum order would be 5 units (I'd have one obviously, so would need to find 4 other people interested), cost would be £30 including postage.

Also, for a little extra they can laser etch a Coreldraw(.cdr) or Adobe Illustrator (.ai) logo onto/into them, so if we could get a suitable logo (club logo, or maybe Roadster in curvy text or somink?) to go on them, this could be done - probably would have to be on all or none to keep setup down, so I doubt they would be happy to put personalised logos on each one - but I could always ask if this was of interest !!!

If anyones interested let me know.

James.

GSB

Errr, think the markets already been cornered on this one...

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=731
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"Errr, think the markets already been cornered on this one...

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=731

Still, its good to know someone in the UK that could produce these for us...

Anonymous

I wasn't trying to compete with Bama, this was just to have a few made perhaps with a custom logo, as I can get them locally.

Didn't mean to cause offence !

I will just get one done for me, and maybe stick a couple on ebay if necessary.

James.

Anonymous

I'd be up for one if they were good. Would they be the same size as the current ones or bigger?

If it could be done I'd like one with an MR2 logo or Roadster (to match the sil plates). Dont wanna start putting J-spec or spyder symbols on the car.

Let me know what you decide.

GSB

Quote from: "jblackmore"I wasn't trying to compete with Bama, this was just to have a few made perhaps with a custom logo, as I can get them locally.

Didn't mean to cause offence !

Wasn't saying you were. It's unlikely you are going to offend anyone by offering them, its just that someone else has only just taken a load of orders for what is basically the same item. It kind of makes selling them a bit more difficult. Not that its not a good idea to have a more local source of bits and pieces like this... I just thought I'd point out the dubious timing!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

hey jblackmore...no-one meant it horribly.  I missed the last group buy, and "may" well be interested in the near future for these.  Thanks for the offer.

Anonymous

Quoteif we could get a suitable logo (club logo, or maybe Roadster in curvy text or somink?) to go on them,

[admin note]
Can we/the committee ask that anything bearing the club logo, especially if commercially produced, is run past us first? It's not that we'll say "no", but would just like to retain some tabs on how the logo is used, and ensure that it's in the club's best interests.
[/admin note]

Thanks,

Anonymous

[joke]
Wouldnt want to incur the wrath of Mr Darth, we all know that one ended in tears before   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[/joke]

dancarbon

It's a shame that it's cheaper to buy a clear deflector from America than the UK.   s:( :( s:(
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Yeah, mine came in at £27.65 with shipping and Paypal 3% extra charge included!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"hey jblackmore...no-one meant it horribly.  I missed the last group buy, and "may" well be interested in the near future for these.  Thanks for the offer.

I am no longer doing 'group buys' on my custom made Clear Deflectors because I have lots in stock, just contact me and your order will be filled/shipped.

I also use a material that is unbreakable and unscratchable, much better quality material than acrylic or other common materials, not sure what material jblackmore will be using.

Just wanted to pipe in since this topic involves me and my product also  s:) :) s:)

Thanks!

Tags: