2 Nails in 2 tyres in 1 week!

Started by Simon, September 16, 2005, 12:09

Simon

I don't believe it last Friday I found a six inch nail sticking out of the sidewall of my 6 month old Bridgestone S-03 on the back (unrepairable) and last night I found a smaller nail sticking out of the back tyre on my motorbike!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I was only using the bike because I didn't really want to drive the 2 with the poxy little spacesaver on the back!

On the plus side I have just ordered a full set of T1-Rs   s:P :P s:P   which should be here by the end of next week, Can't wait, I've had cheep tyres on the front since I bought the car so I'm looking foreward to having a front end that goes where I want it to!

Anonymous

know how you feel   s:( :( s:(  

I had my MOT this week (which it passed) although they found nails in both my rear tyres - T1-Ss which I bought a few months ago. I figured I would just leave them until they developed a slow puncture. Any problems with this approach?

James

PS who the *&%$ leaves nails lying in the road?

Ernie Ball

What I don't understand is how nails lying on the road get embedded straight into the tread...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   It seems about as likely as a flipped coin landing on its edge...

I had a screw in one of my brand new T1-Rs.  First place I took it to said it couldn't be patched.  The second one did patch it and, as far as I can tell, everything is fine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"What I don't understand is how nails lying on the road get embedded straight into the tread...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   It seems about as likely as a flipped coin landing on its edge...

I had a screw in one of my brand new T1-Rs.  First place I took it to said it couldn't be patched.  The second one did patch it and, as far as I can tell, everything is fine.

I thought this until the guy at ATS explained it to me...
Basically the nail/screw lies on the road, your front tyre flips it up (as if you stood on a broom and it smashes you in the face..) and then your rear goes over the raise nail/screw point first.. Thats why most nail/screw punctures are your rear tyres, unless you drive very close to the car in front  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "Ernie Ball"What I don't understand is how nails lying on the road get embedded straight into the tread...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   It seems about as likely as a flipped coin landing on its edge...

I thought this until the guy at ATS explained it to me...
Basically the nail/screw lies on the road, your front tyre flips it up (as if you stood on a broom and it smashes you in the face..) and then your rear goes over the raise nail/screw point first.. Thats why most nail/screw punctures are your rear tyres, unless you drive very close to the car in front  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Builders need to take more care when chucking the boxes of nails on their pickups  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

philster_d

Yeah I know but when did you last see an actual nail laying in the road anywhere ??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Phil

fg

Very rarely see them, mainly because Simon and James appear to pick them all up for us!   s:D :D s:D
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Hope4Sun

Nails are paining the a** (literally if you sit on one, before anyone goes there lol), in 2 months I had all 3 tyres in for nail removal on the Porker, one I know I picked up on a dirt track as heard it clicking on the road aftwer.

The other 2 in the rears within a couple of weeks of each other, and then just after all that I ran over a flint and made a gash in the side wall of the last untouched front wheel and that needed completly replacing.

I'm sure some of the nails had a little help if you know what I mean   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tags: