[Photos and Videos] - Portuguese Hill Climbing event

Started by so.simple, September 29, 2005, 14:44

so.simple

Two weeks ago, I ran on the 3rd and last event of the 2005 edition of the "Rampa dos Capuchos" hill climbing, scoring a 2nd place (just behind an Impreza and slightly ahead of an ITR  s;) ;) s;)  ).

As some of you may remember, I also ran on the 2nd event, scoring a 1st place.

Even though I didn't enter the 1st event (I didn't even know it existed), I somehow managed to win the 2005 championship!

Here are some of the photographs taken by my girlfriend:

Some random photos:

Your's truly:

Results:

Trophy cerimony:

Some more photos, taken by Avohdi@Trackfreeks:

Some clips, shot with my girlfriend's cute little camera (they are very low-res and have no sound):
http://www.midshiprunabout.com/MOV03856.MPG
http://www.midshiprunabout.com/MOV03863.MPG
http://www.midshiprunabout.com/MOV03897.MPG

P.S.: I hope you don't find my license plate too ofensive...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

philster_d

Great going.

I have heard good things about hill climbing from a friend.

Maybe when you get time you could do us a little write up for the club.

A sort of what you need to know about hill climbing and whats involved.

See ya,
Phil

so.simple

I'm awfull when it comes to writing... To be honest, all I did was to use slicks, launch the car as if I were drag racing (5000RPM, release clutch, and full throtle) and then drive like I was in a hurry.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   That's it.
Carlos

jonytom

Carlos,

That's got to be the best 'no-bullshit' guide to hill racing ever written. Guess they don't call you so-simple for nothing!
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

philster_d

lol

cant be that simple  :p

Good job anyway.

Phil

so.simple

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I really don't know what else to say about it. I just drive by instinct, I guess.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Is there any specific thing that you'd like to know about?   s:) :) s:)
Carlos

philster_d

How did you enter? what is the normal chain of events on the day. etc.

so.simple

Quote from: "philster_d"How did you enter?
This specific competition is open for amateurs, so I just had to fill out a form and meet the safety requirements (helmet and gloves, basically).

Quote from: "philster_d"what is the normal chain of events on the day. etc.
We meet at the designated location at the designated time, go trough the briefing (includes information about what the flags mean, things to be aware, etc), stick the numbers on the car and line up. Then we all do a training run + 3 timed runs.

I guess it helps to be a member of a club dedicated to motorsports, in order to have some tutoring and information. If you're insterested in participating in this kind of events, I guess you should try to contact Juansolo. After all, he is the official pilot of the forum.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

Tags: