Removal of Headlight suround

Started by Peter Wright, June 1, 2003, 17:00

Peter Wright

Does anyone remember an article of about 1 to 2 years ago regarding the removal of the headlight housing & the way to get the perspex away from the backing
I believe it was on spyderchat but cant find it now   s:?: :?: s:?:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

I have it printed out but my scanner has a conflict  s:!: :!: s:!:  

(no suprise there for the IT bods that know of me    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

How much of a rush are you in for the information as i can photocopy it & bring along to JAE.

s:D :D s:D  

Failing that I can get one of my mates to scan it for me then I can e-mail it.

Peter Wright

Thanks

but i need it now in preperation for JAE
I might be going OTT but that remains to be seen

If you could get it to me i would be very grateful

Peter
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

No probs. I'll get it scanned by a mate this week & send it too you. Wouldn't be matching your headlights to body colour by any chance would you??

Peter Wright

Nah   s:!: :!: s:!:  

Hopefully something better than that

But you will have to wait till JAE   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Peter

Anonymous

Awwwwww, you spoilsport  s:!: :!: s:!:

All this to the man providing the instructions      s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

a man on a mision LOL   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

He's got me intregued now.....what else can you do once the headlight cover is removed  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I did toy with the idea of droping a spot in to the indicator port but when the 03 model came out I decided not to bother as it would be easier to buy 03 headlights.

Comer

I've heard that the headlight has to go in the oven   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   for a while to warm up the seal to separate the glass from the rest of the unit.

Then once you've finished doing your mod you do the same thing again to warm it to get the seal again, that's what I remember from Spyderchat anyway.

I remember a conversation with Peter at Chelmsford and I reckon I know what he's up but I'll wait and see at JAE  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Correctamondo matey flip.

But dont get the centigrade & fahrenheit mixed up or your lights will be toast   s:? :? s:?     A very stick toast.      s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

It's 120 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes.       s:D :D s:D

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I now know what he is up 2.

But i'm not teliing either.

Tags: