MR2 Chrome Alloys

Started by Anonymous, August 26, 2003, 22:25

Anonymous

Just spotted these on ebay.com.

m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2429647846 m

What do people think ?

Does anyone know whether they are availible in the UK and how much ?

Anonymous

I'm completely guessing here but isn't that the stock wheels chromed up  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Just visited E-bay & it say original alloys triple chromed. All you need to do is find someone who can triple chrome your wheels.

Anonymous

Hmmm... if you chrome up your stock alloys, won't they still be liable to bubbling?  If that's the case then I'm sure Mr T will refuse to replace them under warranty....   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I think (and hope) bubbling is not an issue with the '03 and later.

A comparison with a '02 reveals that the finish on my wheel is not the same. '02 looks painted over with silver paint while the '03 looks like raw alloy (with very fine milling marks) with maybe a layer of lacquer.

Jap GT300

The chrome alloys are standard on V Edition imports  s:!: :!: s:!:

Slacey

Adam is indeed correct, he knows his business!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, a bit 'bling' for my liking. The fact I've done the opposite and made my wheels darker may give a clue...   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I think they'd look good on a black car and maybe a lagoon blue but certainly not my silver.

Chris

The place where Kris got his alloys redone offered chroming, iifc
as i'm sure most alloy places would...

i would've thought that the chroming would add an extra layer and protect against the bubbling?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

i think Chris is right, i know they did colours etc so im sure they would do that... thats if you want to have BLING BLING BLING shouted at you by everyone that saw your car!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Slacey

Quote from: "Chris"i would've thought that the chroming would add an extra layer and protect against the bubbling?
Having them chromed should completely eliminate the buubling problem - it occurs due to the laquer not being correctly applied to the rear face of the wheel; to have them chromed would require the wheels to be acid stripped back to the bare aluminium and the process started from the beginning. Providing the refinishers do a good job, there should not be any problems with the finish   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: