New car time?

Started by Anonymous, October 10, 2005, 18:02

markiii

Mustang will be cheaper to run than the 456.

budget £2000 per year servicing on teh 456 and at your age the same again for insurance.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Yeah, it'd kill me servicing a Ferrari. Financially, I mean. Clutches, brakes, tyres... Ouch.

MRMike

What about a real left field choice...and a maserati... 50k will get you a lovely 3200GT, probably a new quatroporte as well..or get a ghibli cup and spend the rest on servicing?

OR....if you want a GT a G35 Nissan Skyline?
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Ooh, a Maser could be tempting... Nice one, Mike.  s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Emmanuel"For around £50-55k and looking for a family car, I would go for a second-hand  Ferrari 456.  For that price you could get a '98 with 35,000 miles like this one:  m http://www.carsource.co.uk/car-details? ... id=7675209 m

This was almost £200k new...
A bloke I work with has one of those in silver; it sounds awesome. I have a clip somewhere he sent me when he had a new performance exhaust fitted (2K); must find it for you Dan   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"Ooh, a Maser could be tempting... Nice one, Mike.  s:) :) s:)
I would have mentioned them but I though you were steering clear of all these sports cars eh Dan  s:? :? s:?    s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Mustang will be cheaper to run than the 456.

budget £2000 per year servicing on the 456 and at your age the same again for insurance.
These cars are out of my league so I can't really comment on costs but I always thought that people who can afford a £50k (even on finance) car don't really care about petrol or other expenses.

I mean, if the average person in England earns £22k and drives a £9k Focus or Megane (and I'm sure most of them are financed), a person who drives a £50k car could earn £120k.  I know if I was earning £120k a year the last thing I would care about is running costs...

Regarding the Maserati, it is essentially a Ferrari.  Built by Ferrari, running gear by Ferrari, design by Ferrari...  I would be very surprised if running cost was much different.

Anonymous

I'd go for the Aston as it is one of the coolest cars in existence. Two words that prove this are 'James' and 'Bond'.

An Aston isn't showy but demands - and gets - respect in every carpark from a social club to a polo club.

Anonymous

for $40,000 you could have had this

m http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.s ... 01-1-2.jpg m

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "doony"for $40,000 you could have had this

m http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.s ... 01-1-2.jpg m

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Do you think the doors open?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I really wish I earnt £120k year, really I do. Unfortunately, plumbers aren't paid what the papers would have you believe  s:( :( s:(

Are Maser's truly sports cars? I've always been led to believe that they don't handle particularly well, and are more suited to the GT tag? I could well be wrong though...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"I really wish I earnt £120k year, really I do. Unfortunately, plumbers aren't paid what the papers would have you believe  s:( :( s:(

Are Maser's truly sports cars? I've always been led to believe that they don't handle particularly well, and are more suited to the GT tag? I could well be wrong though...

Only the Gran Sport handles really. The others are a bit jelly like.....

I would go with the Jag XKR or XJR myself. Either would do........

As for another car of £40-50K? Well, can I throw in the TVR Tuscan maybe? A little more practicality, just mental nutter performance and those looks...........just a little costly to run and maybe maintain (reliability in question.......)....

Just a thought.........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

A Tuscan (or any TVR) would be nice to have, but would I really take the MR2 out for a spin if I had one of those? I very much doubt it.

MRMike

The new quattroporte handles awesomely, I've had a spin in one. Almost same engine as 360 engine, god it's good.  

Here's another thought.....Nissan Murano! You would not believe how well they handle for an off-roader..great performance too.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I saw a Murano at the airport today... Very nice looking vehicles.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"I saw a Murano at the airport today... Very nice looking vehicles.
I liked the look of these but ruled them out due to some bad write ups  s:? :? s:?  What about a new Merc ML   s:?: :?: s:?:

Edited typo   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Nah, too badly put together. As well as fugly.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Looks like it has to be an Aston DB7 or XKR Jag then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Or an Audi.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

But yeah, I can definately see where I'm headed now. Thanks all!  s:D :D s:D

MRMike

Can't we carry on? It's lots more fun spending other peoples money   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

...especially when i don't have anywhere near that budget   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Alfa Brera v6 ?  -  not sure when it's due for release or cost ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "AllyY"Alfa Brera v6 ?  -  not sure when it's due for release or cost ?

Oh my word!!! Good shout! Forgot about that! There you go, problem solved!!!

Stunning thing.........

Anonymous

That is indeed a stunning car, I  really like the Alfa GT, which in the 3.2V6 flavour is a mere 27k, has too be worth a look

Anonymous

Aye, the Brera is a sexy car... Good call.  s8) 8) s8)

Please feel free to keep making suggestions people. I haven't exactly made my mind up yet!

Anonymous

I can strongly recommend the RS6.  I've owned mine from new in 2003, and I can't think of a more capable multi-purpose car.  Many 911 drivers have moved to an RS6 on acquiring a family, and not been disappointed.  I even know of an ex-Noble owner who has been pleasantly surprised on buying an RS6.

My main problem is that I sometimes get caught out by expecting the MR2 to overtake as effortlessly as the RS6 does!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

No, mine is not for sale!

Tags: