clear side markers (repeaters)

Started by Lady UK, August 27, 2003, 12:57

Lady UK

s:? :? s:?  

I visited Fensport Uk for likely purchase of the clear side markers (by the two outer front arches).  

They told me they did not stock the clear for the year my car is on - 2000.

Has anyone got some leads as to where I can purchase these and not at a rip off price please?

Many thanks  s:) :) s:)

Darth Paul

Breakers Yard.

Corrolla. Old shape Avensis. Carina E. Latest Celica. Any others?

These cars use the same repeaters – often clear ones.

DP

Slacey

Quote from: "Lady UK"They told me they did not stock the clear for the year my car is on - 2000.
I'm pretty sure that the side reapeaters have not changed in shape, style or fit at all. I have a 2002 and the ones on there web site fit fine.
If they have changed in any way, I'd be interested to know how they differ   s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Lady UK

s:? :? s:?  I am at a loss to see why fensport state that their clear side repeaters are for the facelift model...but the chap I spoke to did not seem sure....if any of you that have a 2000 model have purchased from fensport can you let me know...as I have a feeling that the ones they are advertising on their webpage will fit!

Thanks!   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

I think the easiest way to resolve this is to call your local Toyota dealer and ask them if the design has changed (which as I said, I'm sure hasn't), if they say no, I think you are pretty safe to order them. I picked up a set from Fensport at JAE, they went in with no trouble or modification as was needed with there older set.

Anonymous

pah to be honest, FenSport can be pains in the ass sometimes.  When it comes to knowing engines, great.  Anything else and they can be pains in the butt.

Just goto Toyota and ask for the clear side repeaters for the Celica, they fit right on, thinking about it I need to do this also!

Slacey

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"pah to be honest, FenSport can be pains in the ass sometimes.  When it comes to knowing engines, great.  Anything else and they can be pains in the butt.
TBH, I had no trouble at all with them, and the goods were indeed at JAE 3 weeks after I had ordered them (I was a bit concerned they would forget all about them!)

Anonymous

If it helps I bought my clear side repeaters from Fensport and I have a 2002 model.

--H--

markiii

yep my 2001 has those from fensport.

and they can be total muppets.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"pah to be honest, FenSport can be pains in the ass sometimes.  When it comes to knowing engines, great.  Anything else and they can be pains in the butt.
TBH, I had no trouble at all with them, and the goods were indeed at JAE 3 weeks after I had ordered them (I was a bit concerned they would forget all about them!)

Fensport are cool, and I always use them.  Its just sometimes they can be pains in the ass.

Liz

I bought mine from Toyota GB, cheap as chips, about £11.00 each - fitted them myself
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Dunno about Fensport but when I got my clear side repeaters for my 2000 model MR2, the Toyota dealer told me that I would need to order a special gasket (from the facelift model) in order to fit the new repeaters.

When it came to actually fitting them, I didn't bother using the gasket which I'd bought and just re-used the existing "rubber-rings" which I found to fit equally well.  IMHO it looked cacker with the gasket and much better with the rubber ring...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Just go down to your local dealer if you're unsure and order the gasket (if you want it), side repeater and bulbs.  It should come to around 30 quid tops...

<edit>One thing I didn't make clear in the post was that the aforementioned gasket is down as a 2003 part and I think that this is what caused the confusion at Fensport... as you don't actually need the gasket I guess you could just purchase the repeaters and bulbs from Fensport and fit them yourself using your existing rubber ring...?</edit>

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

Quote from: "Sundance"IMHO it looked cacker with the gasket and much better with the rubber ring...
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL!
Nice choice of words!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL!
Nice choice of words!

Ithankyew   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

*takes bow, catches flowers*

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Fensport took mine to JAE 2002 for me as I ordered them the day before. All I had to do was sand down the ickle noble slightly to stop the wing from bowing.

Can't understand why they say theirs wont fit     s:? :? s:?

Slacey

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"All I had to do was sand down the ickle noble slightly to stop the wing from bowing.
They have even fixed this now, mine which thry brought to JAE this year, needed no modification at all.

Tags: