If MR2 Roadsters werent invented what car would you have?

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2003, 16:47

Anonymous

Well the 2 is of course my favourite but I quite like the Honda s2000 and Porsche Boxter.

Favourite car if I could afford it would have to be the Porsche Carrera GT.

But at £350k I think Ive got a long way to go yet!

Anonymous

Lotus elise or an S2000 along the same lines of the mr2 im in love with these afordable racing cars, not to exotic but lots of fun.  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

If were talking serious money then i would have had a Focus RS, Honda S2000, Porker, RX-8.

There is a focus RS for sale at the garage opposite my work... i keep driving past thinkging "wonder what they would give me for my '2" and then have to kick myself voilently for thinking such a thought!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"Lotus elise or an S2000 along the same lines of the mr2 im in love with these afordable racing cars, not to exotic but lots of fun.  s8) 8) s8)

yeah but the S2k isn't a affordable racer, its expensive in every way.  Doubt you'd be bale to replace a race blown engine easily or quickly for cheep.  Thats the beauty of the MR2  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

*checks no-one is looking*
I'd quite like a VX220 Turbo.....
*runs away quick-sharp*
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Actually a VX220 Turbo kicked my ass the other day when I tried to race it! Permormance   s:D :D s:D   But style and interior   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Focus RS, focus RS etc   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

When I traded in my focus for a new one the other week, twas talking to the sales guy as you do.  Apparently the RS has some major! performance problems, mainly in the overheating department which is causing the engine to cut out in high revs.

I knew the ST170 was seriously underpowered, but I would have expected more from the RS, I think you should knock it off your list really mate!.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"*checks no-one is looking*
I'd quite like a VX220 Turbo.....
*runs away quick-sharp*

I totaly agree, I can't understand why anyone would want to buy the V6 Clio when for less cash they could have a 911 keeper upper VXT.

Anonymous

'cause it's got a Vauxhall badge on?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"
Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Focus RS, focus RS etc   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

When I traded in my focus for a new one the other week, twas talking to the sales guy as you do.  Apparently the RS has some major! performance problems, mainly in the overheating department which is causing the engine to cut out in high revs.

I knew the ST170 was seriously underpowered, but I would have expected more from the RS, I think you should knock it off your list really mate!.

I kicked a RS Forus's ass the other day, really no BS I was off the line and into the first bend before he knew what hit him, he was tryin' as well.  He held it in a straght but I was very un impressed.  Maybe it was too new.

I would like to say I got a hear of his engine, but my Tannabe was screeming to much   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

juansolo

Already had an MX-5 so I'd have to stretch to an S2K instead.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"'cause it's got a Vauxhall badge on?

Take the one off the rear, that V6 Clio would never get to see the one stuck on the front.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I kicked a RS Forus's ass the other day, really no BS I was off the line and into the first bend before he knew what hit him....................

I did the same a while back with a scooby thing, in bends there aint much that can kick us.  My boss here has a scooby and still thinks he has the fastest car on earth and doesnt believe that a little MR2 R can kick his big fat ugly saloon car butt.

Anonymous

Could everyone please post up a pic of their ride in their next post please Im dying to see what everyone elses 2's look like!

Anonymous

Check out my site!

m http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/home_cs.htm m

When you have some photos of yours let me know, I can add them to the site!.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Could everyone please post up a pic of their ride in their next post please Im dying to see what everyone elses 2's look like!

Slacey

Just an 'ickle on then...

Anonymous

Wooden dummy, have you PAINTED your reg on your bonnet? And what is the badge on the front?

Anonymous

You know we love those wheels!

I need to retake this arty shot, with my new ice scraper/wind deflectors in place.

Anonymous

Slacey your black beast looks just like my old one!!!!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Rest her soull!

Anonymous

No its stuck on, I wanted to make sure more air was getting to the radiator, and the badge is from the Mk1 MR2 I managed to put on its roof on track.

Anonymous

heres my baby on her first day with me:

Anonymous

OK so what about pics of the drivers now???

Wanna see whos behind those wheels!!!!

Slacey

Fights.... urge... to make.... sarcastic.... comment!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Are you on a perve mission or something?

I think Liz has pics of a load of us at the chemlsford meet on here site... forget the URL....

Tags: