If MR2 Roadsters werent invented what car would you have?

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2003, 16:47

Anonymous

The cars already mentioned are very nice, but for me it would have to be the E-type Jag. This car will never go out of fashion additionally it will always be stylish.  One day,one day, mmmmmmm

Anonymous

I would trade my lagoon blue in tomorrow for the right deal on one of these.  I would stick to the blue as in the pictures in order to remember my 2.

Anonymous

Carrera... yum yum!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"No cos your trouble in your little yellow terror!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

(sorry, couldnt resist mate!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

I imagine the hat making a *put put put sound....

I've seen worse of me, isn't that right Animal  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Anonymous

yep... that will do it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

WD, I can honestly say that pic is even funnier the second time round!
Have you still got the others?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I haven't laughed at a thread so much in ages!!! Class people, complete class..........  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

As for the cars I would want, well I think everyone knows already what I want........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Begins with L, ends in S, and has a girls name for the second. Yum..........  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Mind you, I could list about 20 cars that I would want if money no object, but I won't bore you with them all.......

Lets just say, I would have my own little working museum......

Oh, go on then........here goes......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Lancia Stratos
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo3
Aston Martin DB5
Aston Martin Vanquish
Lotus Elise 111
Caterham 7 R300
McF1 (pushing the budget a little maybe  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
E-type
Impreza P1 or 22B
EvoVIII
Ferrari Dino (the ONLY Ferrari)
Radical

The list goes on.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "John Woodward"Ferrari Dino (the ONLY Ferrari)
Oooooooooooohhhhh yes....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Slacey wrote:
QuoteFerrari Dino (the ONLY Ferrari)

Oooooooooooohhhhh yes....

You KNOW it..........grrrrrrrr......yum.....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

zud

Quote from: "John Woodward"As for the cars I would want, well I think everyone knows already what I want........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Begins with L, ends in S, and has a girls name for the second.

A Lexus?  Which model has a girl's name?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

OI! I'm NOT Alan Partridge!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

*Goes off into dream like state thinking of me on stage with leather pants on........*

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Just to clarify, I have actually now narrowed down my choice of Elise now too. I think it would HAVE to be the 111S. Still has the delicacy, but also has a stereo......!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

A car I have been having wet dreams about since I was a kid, is the Aston Martin, any Aston Martin.  There hasn't been a more beautiful car than the DB5 or the Vanquish in modern days...

Anonymous

Anonymous

What the hell is that woodendummy?

Anonymous

That my friend is the Koenigsegg.  Everything on it adjusts.  You can change every part of it for the different track your running on, from long straights to tight twists and it just about out performs everything on the road.

Anonymous

I have a friend called Steve. He was driving the support van (X5 4.6) for the Koenig in the Gumball Rally in the states earlier this year. He said the couple of times he was in it it was wicked fast. Also a little fragile though.

They guy who owned it blew something on it (either a clutch or a cam or something) and so was desperate to find a replacement part. Dificult as there was only one other car in the whole US. So what does he do???

He buys the other car, takes the part he needs, swaps it across, and continues driving. Thats SERIOUS money for a SERIOUS car!

zud

Quote from: "Emmanuel"A car I have been having wet dreams about since I was a kid, is the Aston Martin, any Aston Martin.  There hasn't been a more beautiful car than the DB5 or the Vanquish in modern days...

Yep, if I ever win/make some serious money then one or the other (or both!) will be right near the top of my shopping list!

I know a bloke who owned a DB5 in the 80's, when classic cars rocketted in price.  He got an offer for the car and couldn't resist selling it to make a few grand... the following week the purchaser sold it on for double!  The guy in question had plenty of money and was hardly renowned for rushing to the bar and getting his wallet out... in fact you were lucky if he ever got to the bar... so he didn't get very much sympathy!!

Anonymous

DB5.........without question THE most beautiful car EVER designed.

Shush! No arguments. Anyone who wants to is wrong. I am right!

Quickly followed by the DB7, the E-type and the Vanquish......

And as much as people think, there isn't a Ferrari on earth that comes close to any of these. It ONLY because the default colour is Red and that they are low, sleek and can look dramatic. Paint a Cat 7 that colour and tell me it doesn't look dramatic.........

See, told you I was right........  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

aint we gone off a bit on 'dream cars' rather than 'if i couldnt have a roadster i would have got.... cos i have the money for that'   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Fair point Kris!

Lotus Elise then!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

zud

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"aint we gone off a bit on 'dream cars' rather than 'if i couldnt have a roadster i would have got.... cos i have the money for that'   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Fair enough!  Well... if the (only) local Alfa dealer hadn't pi$$ed me off, I'd probably be driving an Alfa Spider right now (so thanks v much Alfa... the most helpful thing you ever did was send me looking for an alternative roadster!).  Otherwise, it would probably be an MX5, unless I'd decided I didn't want one because my mate was on his third one by then!  I'd fancied an S2000, but they were still a bit expensive to afford/justify.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"aint we gone off a bit on 'dream cars' rather than 'if i couldnt have a roadster i would have got.... cos i have the money for that'   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Have you become Mr Boring, Mr Admin, Mr Moderator or something...wheres that Kris spirit we all know.  Anyway...off topic, may get another slap from Mr Kris the wannabee moderator.

Anyone want to buy some second hand DVD's?  s:o :o s:o

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Have you become Mr Boring, Mr Admin, Mr Moderator or something...wheres that Kris spirit we all know.  Anyway...off topic, may get another slap from Mr Kris the wannabee moderator.

Anyone want to buy some second hand DVD's?  s:o :o s:o

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  time of the month mate, so im a bit stressy and moany (well if women can get away with it, why cant I!)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Well, alright then, a DB6.  Very VERY similar to a DB5 for about £25-30k.

Unless we are talking new cars...  That would be either an Elise or an S2000... Unless I could stretch to a Boxster...  I am confused...  I think I'll take the DB6...

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"

Yes, I've been reading about this for a couple of years now.

Trouble is, this thing is built like an IKEA wardrobe, (apparently) everything fails.  And they still haven't managed to reach 400kph.

Tags: