TRD Brace

Started by Anonymous, October 26, 2005, 12:49

Anonymous

Hi. Im looking to purchase the above. I looked on Japanparts.com but they dont seem to have them anymore. anywhere else ?

I only really want the front one !

Anonymous

yeah me to,  lets hope loads of people do and try and get a gb going

jonytom

Try Fensport - http://www.fensport.co.uk/ - but note their prices don't include VAT.

Another (possibly cheaper) option would be Carson Toyota in the States - http://www.newtoyotaparts.com/

Their starting price is v cheap, but then there's import duty etc.

Funnily enough I was on Japanparts this morning having a look and I think they still have the front strut brace?

I'd be up for a GB - anyone else?
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Two's Company

Quote from: "jonytom"I'd be up for a GB - anyone else?

Me too! I am waiting for the Che GB on Spyderchat, his will be much cheaper although I'm not sure if they will fit RHD.

aaronjb

Quote from: "jonytom"Another (possibly cheaper) option would be Carson Toyota in the States - http://www.newtoyotaparts.com/

Be careful getting (front) strut braces from the States - I'm fairly sure it's the TRD that, in left hand drive config, doesn't have any cutout for the brake reservoir cap - only the RHD version will fit properly and clear the brake reservoir cap. (Other versions avoid this by routing the bar slightly higher, I think).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Bongo

I bought my front strut brace through a GB organised by Dieamond, so if you get enough people it's probably worth asking him.

Anonymous

ok we def need to try and get some type of group buy organised here then.  dont know how its done so ill leave up to someone else but im def up for it

evileye_wrx

I'd be interested also, tho would know where to start in organising it.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

i would be interested aswell.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "evileye_xc"I'd be interested also, tho would know where to start in organising it.

Phil

Of course that should read WOULD'NT know where to start organising it   s:? :? s:?  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

roger

Quote from: "Bongo"I bought my front strut brace through a GB organised by Dieamond, so if you get enough people it's probably worth asking him.

As Bongo said, somebody PM dieamond he may do the leg work for you, just pay him what he asks for!

The LHD drive strut bar is definitely different, as Aaron surmised, so RHD needs specifying in any purchase.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

dimwit

Would the cusco from the 'states' be okay on our uk models..  s:?: :?: s:?:

roger

Quote from: "dimwit"Would the cusco from the 'states' be okay on our uk models..  s:?: :?: s:?:

Its a different style, with the bar being raised higher than the TRD, so its a possibility, but you would need to check.
Roger

roger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"
Quote from: "evileye_xc"I'd be interested also, tho would know where to start in organising it.

Phil

Of course that should read WOULD'NT know where to start organising it   s:? :? s:?  

Phil

Dead Easy, one scenario.....

Find the product, negotiate terms, remember to add on P&P, Paypal, duties, bank fees etc, post the GB details, panic when all the peeps suddenly can't afford it, re-arrange the prices,  collect the deposit in, pay supplier, place the order, deal with anybody who has a change of mind, collect final balance, pay the supplier again, receive shipment, repack & ship out to the lucky recipients.

There, and all of that to get a £20 discount...well worth it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

jonytom

Quote from: "Bongo"I bought my front strut brace through a GB organised by Dieamond, so if you get enough people it's probably worth asking him.

OK, so mrs-passion.com are offering TRD front braces at euros 275.00 (about £186) at the minute.

So all we've got to do is wait for Dieamond to come on here and offer us them shipped/taxed at around euros 220.00 (£150.00) and we'd be happy, non?

If not, I could try Fensport?
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

roger

Why not ask him?
Roger

jonytom

Quote from: "roger"Why not ask him?

I've just PM'd him. So let's wait and see.

Anonymous

id be happy with 150, is that total cost - for brace and postage etc?

dieamond

Hello didn't see this thread before, got the PM

So, how many units are we talking here ?

I'm currently preparing a TRD order with exhausts, so no prob to lower price no braces.

Tell me what you want and how many  :-) :-) :-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

jonytom

Quote from: "reddi"id be happy with 150, is that total cost - for brace and postage etc?

Whoa!!! Don't jump the gun Reddi, that was just my suggestion on price.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

We'll have to wait and see what Dieamond has to say first. It's also going to depend on how many people are happy with whatever deal we can eventually manage to muster.

edward.carter

if price is reasonable you can count me in too   s:D :D s:D

roger

Quote from: "reddi"id be happy with 150, is that total cost - for brace and postage etc?

Well last time, about a year ago it was £165 ish for a minimum of 10. You will have to start rousing up support if you want £150!

IIRC dieamond added other TRD stuff to it as well. From filter cleaner upwards.....that might make him more responsive??
Roger

dieamond

I can do 230 Euros shipped (with insurance) for the front strut bar
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

edward.carter

Quote from: "dieamond"I can do 230 Euros shipped (with insurance) for the front strut bar

is that regardless of how many are in?

Tags: