Remote Door Locks

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2003, 13:53

Anonymous

The Misses has just gone home for lunch and has called me to say that the car will no lock itself, she has tried both remotes, neither the lock or the unlock buttons do anything!.

She had to lock using the key, but this does not seem to central lock and she had to lock both doors.

She has now gone back to work, and the remote is working again...how weird is that?!!??!

Anonymous

W....I....E....R....D!!!!

I have noticed that my remotes dont seem to be as efficient as they used to be. I have to try about 3 or 4 times sometimes now (although not THAT often) but they never fail to lock the car eventually.......  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

These just did not work...she was a bit paniky bless her

She tried the unlock button and nothing happend (you would expect the click and the lights to flash).  Both remotes would not work, so I dont think it was the remotes.

She checked that the doors where shut and closed properly and nothing was caught in them, but all was well.

At JAE many people where having problems, not sure if something blocks them or something like that?

Sam

Weird! But I reckon this is weirder...

Went round a friends house - put the alarm on as normal, but when I came back to it a few hours later it wouldnt unlock with the remote. So I had to unlock it with the key, drive down the road with the alarms on   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  .When I got home I was able to lock/unlock with the remote again.

Then....

Went back round there a few weeks later, parked in the same place and had it all over again!!!!

I can only think it is interference or something spooky   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

And the thing is - maybe coincidence, but I go round my friends  a lot, its only happened twice, and both times I've been parked in the same place.
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Tem

The remote won't lock the doors if either one is open...maybe she didn't fully close the door? The switch is pretty sensitive.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Sorry, posted twice again.

"She checked that the doors where shut and closed properly and nothing was caught in them, but all was well."

Tem

Another guess...the remote is a VERY weak radio transmitter. If something happens to cause noise on the same frequency, it won't work.

Edit: Happens over here maybe 2-3 times/year.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

We live on a half finished estate, so there is a lot of machinary around, maybe this blocked the signal....flipping x-files aint it!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Sam"I can only think it is interference or something spooky   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Hey sam, your friend doesnt get clicking on his telephone line does he?...MI5 taps spring to mind.   s:o :o s:o

Sam

hmmmmm..... now you mention it...

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Anonymous

Other options.

1. She pressed the wrong button  (I did that once and was convinced the damm thing was broke, I called out Toyota. as I couldn't get in. Went to demonstrate it to the mechanic and it worked   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

2. Do you have a police/fire/ambulance station or mobile phone transmitters near by. These are know to make remotes stop functioning.  Ive had this twice when parked neaqr our post office. The fire station is the next but one building.   s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

She tried both buttons, even when unlocked the unlock button makes everything "click".

There is a fire station, but its a way away.  I think it must have just been something on the site that interferred with it...try explaining that to her though, she wants me to take it to Mr T tomorrow.!

Anonymous

discused before and the fobs can get out of sink nothing to worry about it Mr t will reset both alarm and fobs   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

It seems ok tonight, will check it tomorrow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"...

she wants me to take it to Mr T tomorrow.!

So youve got the car for the day then   s:D :D s:D   and you can "test" it and maybe call into Mr T on the way back.  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

"Supposed" to be working from home tomorrow...sure I can manage some "testing" though

Anonymous

The central locking remote on my old car (and several other people's cars) never used to work when I was parked at my old office due to high levels of radio interference, it woked fine nearly everywhere else.

Could be the problem this time I suppose.

--H--

Anonymous

As mentioned already, sound like interference from a nearby radio transmitter - especially as it seems to happen in the same place. Things that can help is 1. - make sure your transponder batteries are replaced regularly - so that your transponder has maximum power. 2. If experiencing problems - hold your transponder as near to the car as possible (on the window) pointing it in the direction of the receiver module (soz don't know where it is on the "2). 3. Park away from this spot if possible.

Anonymous

How freaky is this!!  

I read this thread this morning and then popped into my local dealer to get a quote on a replacement hood...lo and behold I get back to the office and the car refuses to lock/unlock etc.

Exactally the same thing mentioned in this thread.

I've just joined this forum...what's with the jinxing?  Is it like an initiation  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "astanner"I've just joined this forum...what's with the jinxing?  Is it like an initiation  s;) ;) s;)

Yup, all that is left now is to hit a kerb (with either a wheel or exhaust is acceptable), get a car door opened on your 2 leaving a nice scratch down the side and get terrible service from your local dealer.

Welcome to the club!

Anonymous

Weird this one I know.  I was having the same problem the other day at home - which is never normally a problem.  Put my both my windows up and down and then the car locked/unlocked no problem straight away.

It's possible that the switch/sensor that checks your Windows are both closed - didn't quite get activated properly.  A long shot but this could be it.

Anonymous

That's something new.  My car will lock or unlock regardless of whether the windows are up or down.

Anonymous

I know - thats what was weird about it....  so does mine but putting the windows up and down seemed to do the trick ....

Anonymous

Sure it wasnt the fact that you turned the ignition and that fixed it (thats what i do).

Slacey

Window thing... close, it's to do with the internal map light - you have to wait for it to go out before the doors will lock again; I expect the time it took for the windows to go up / down was long enough of a period for the light to go out.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: