Remote Door Locks

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2003, 13:53

Anonymous

slightly different quiention but still about the locks - what "mode" is the alarm / lock in if you hit the lock button 3 times? 1) Normal lock 2) Deadlock and 3)? but it seems to make the indicators flash multiple times (more than 2 at least). I checked the manual but can see no info on it. Just curious.

Anonymous

3 will disable the interiour microwave sensors. you can get the alarm manual off my site:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/files/alarm.pdf m

Anonymous

Having recently got a Mar 03 '2', I am intrigued that on the second press of the remote (yes, within 5 secs of the first press) there is no noise when the deadlocks are supposedly actuating.  I was going to go down to the dealers (never bought it from them) to clarify it but have been too busy.  Is this normal, ie: are the deadlocks 'silent'?

Anonymous

There's definately a second clunk from mine when I dead lock it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "AndyEv"Having recently got a Mar 03 '2', I am intrigued that on the second press of the remote (yes, within 5 secs of the first press) there is no noise when the deadlocks are supposedly actuating.  I was going to go down to the dealers (never bought it from them) to clarify it but have been too busy.  Is this normal, ie: are the deadlocks 'silent'?

Its easy to test - leave the window open and double lock the doors (2 presses) then reach in and try to open the door from the inside... if it doesnt open then its deadlocked.

Anonymous

ignore. my brains not working today.

Tags: