Celica 190 Engine

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2003, 09:50

Anonymous

This is something that has been puzzling me, what are the main difference between this engine and ours apart from the 50BHP?

Did they use ours as a base or is it totally different?

I know they are both 1.8's and so it'd slot nicely into our engine bay but how heavy is it and can it be modified to fit a RWD car?

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"I know they are both 1.8's and so it'd slot nicely into our engine bay but how heavy is it and can it be modified to fit a RWD car?
That not really good logic.

As far as I know they are different engines and one of the main reasons it won't just slot straight in to the MR2 is the different mounting points.

--H--

Tem

Yeah, they have pretty much nothing in common  s:) :) s:)

CIN has the "T-Sport" 2ZZ-GE in his car. Check these threads:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5545 m

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5852 m

"In first gear it will spin the wheels all the way to redline just punching it"  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"
Quote from: "bigun007"I know they are both 1.8's and so it'd slot nicely into our engine bay but how heavy is it and can it be modified to fit a RWD car?

As far as I know they are different engines and one of the main reasons it won't just slot straight in to the MR2 is the different mounting points.

--H--

Was just thinking of size - mounting points can be modified as has jsut been shown.

markiii

although in this instance it will fit. The fact that the are both 1.8 ebgines has no bearing on the physical size of the lump.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"although in this instance it will fit. The fact that the are both 1.8 ebgines has no bearing on the physical size of the lump.
Exactly my point.

--H--

Anonymous

Ok  my mistake, i thought they'd be of a "similar" size as they were of the same capacity.

I stand corrected.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Gets aggresive in here sometimes eh  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Oh and TBH i'd rather have been told WHY its not the same size so i know for next time rather than to have just been told NO.

Tem's was the only reply i think that was what i have come to expect from this forum, reactions like that will just stop people from posting questions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Oh and TBH i'd rather have been told WHY its not the same size so i know for next time rather than to have just been told NO.

Because Toyota designed them that way? Despite the similar designators, they're chalk-and-cheese.

QuoteTem's was the only reply i think that was what i have come to expect from this forum, reactions like that will just stop people from posting questions.

I'm pretty sure that the topic has been covered before; try using the Search

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Oh and TBH i'd rather have been told WHY its not the same size so i know for next time rather than to have just been told NO.

Tem's was the only reply i think that was what i have come to expect from this forum, reactions like that will just stop people from posting questions.

It's power characteristics would be totally unsuitable for the 'snappy' mr2 anyway.  (the mrs has a 190hp Celica).

Whilst on the subject, a V6 would be too heavy.

A controlled lpt(urbo) is what you want - roll on TTE! (please)  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"It's power characteristics would be totally unsuitable for the 'snappy' mr2 anyway.

I think Cin, LR and the people in Japan would disagree.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"
Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"It's power characteristics would be totally unsuitable for the 'snappy' mr2 anyway.

have you driven a vvtli engine? t works in fwd installation fine, but if you were cornering hard when lift came in.....  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

I have   s:) :) s:)  

It is fine.  You need to be good at handling the car though.  With this engine the car will power oversteer more.  The spike is of no concern though.  With my setup it can only be felt in 1st gear.  2nd is practically non existant.  With some more tuning I think I can take the spike out.  s:) :) s:)

The car is much much faster now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"

have you driven a vvtli engine? t works in fwd installation fine, but if you were cornering hard when lift came in.....  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

...and what?  The NSX seems to do fine...?

Anonymous

Here we go again...comments like yours will just alienate you from the forum...I believe the last heated discussion was re your own site...lets not stir up all the reasons that died now eh!.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"This is something that has been puzzling me, what are the main difference between this engine and ours apart from the 50BHP?

Did they use ours as a base or is it totally different?

I know they are both 1.8's and so it'd slot nicely into our engine bay but how heavy is it and can it be modified to fit a RWD car?

Quote from: "Hardcore"

--H--

Oh and to enforce may annoyence at you bigun!, I think Hardcores reply answered your question, he did not just say no...so maybe read peoples posts before slating every member her except for Tem!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"

...and what?  The NSX seems to do fine...?

I believe the NSX is a bit heavier and has more traction/less dramatic breakaway due to that weight, longer wheelbase, wider rubber.?

btw, thanks for your input CIN.  I think my preference would be an sc, but seeing as how there's not enough room, a progressive turbo (from TTE????) would do.  The vvtli is huge fun in the Celi when lift kicks in, but does suffer from lack of torque(has less than 140 iirc)  and lack of go below 4k, has a little more btween 4&6, then takes off

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Oh and to enforce may annoyence at you bigun!, I think Hardcores reply answered your question, he did not just say no...so maybe read peoples posts before slating every member her except for Tem!

I think HC gave a proper answer too... still it was not a complete explination down to diagrams, graphs and charts with a 40,000 word essay like it should have been   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Shame on your hardcore!   s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"I believe the NSX is a bit heavier and has more traction/less dramatic breakaway due to that weight, longer wheelbase, wider rubber.?

hmm point taken.

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Sorry guys, was a bad day at the office   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007":oops: Sorry guys, was a bad day at the office   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Well get hold of your boss and kick him in the nuts.... ok, you may not keep your job for much longer, but i will make you feel a lot better and a legend in the office...  let me know how it goes for ya!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ok, lets expand this thread even further. Would it be possable to drop a second 2 engine in the front  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I would like to point out at this stage.....before being flamed from every angle......this is just a silly idea that popped in to my head & I have no plans to try it & yes it would ruin the perfect handling of the 2....blah, blah, blah..............

Would be interesting though  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Respect!  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Ok, lets expand this thread even further. Would it be possable to drop a second 2 engine in the front  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I would like to point out at this stage.....before being flamed from every angle......this is just a silly idea that popped in to my head & I have no plans to try it & yes it would ruin the perfect handling of the 2....blah, blah, blah..............

Would be interesting though  s:!: :!: s:!:

WTF?

You are the original nutter!

Anonymous

We could also install dilythium crystals in the storage bins for a bit of extra "poke"

Tags: