Celica 190 Engine

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2003, 09:50

Anonymous

is on a VCD and i got lot ob MR-S 190bhp battle with different turbo cars on mountain and track, is on a VCD so is about 400meg!!!!!

sam

anyone wanna host it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "lautll421"is on a VCD and i got lot ob MR-S 190bhp battle with different turbo cars on mountain and track, is on a VCD so is about 400meg!!!!!

sam

anyone wanna host it?

oh its that one... already seen it. Tem posted a link to it recently... only about 56mb.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"the 6 speed is the same as that in the celica so it should be able to surely.

Hmmm... I will take your word for it.  

I thought the MR2 box would be a bespoke design since the MR2 is the only Toyota model with the engine at the back.

Anonymous

Lag! What Lag. The turbo comes in at 1300rpm, if you stamp on the gas with the revs anywhere over this the powers just there.

s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  When is the next meet anyone that is interested in a turbo is going too ?(preferebly Midland area) and i'll come along for anyone to have a go.Hopefully Martin could come too for those with manual and SMT.

mph

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Lag! What Lag.
Uh, quite. Not that I know Ian's setup, but lag and responsiveness are non-issues.

Looks like I'm going to be floating around Luton area at the weekend if anyone's interested in seeing how unresponsive the turbo is   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"
Uh, quite. Not that I know Ian's setup, but lag and responsiveness are non-issues.

Looks like I'm going to be floating around Luton area at the weekend if anyone's interested in seeing how unresponsive the turbo is   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:) :) s:)

but no, turbo has a lag... and when I race around track at 2,000 RPM I am going to notice it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

gotta get annoyed with ppl talking about turbo lag...

Anonymous

I didnt now it become a debate whether turbo is good or not.....but this is not the purpose of my post...i like turbo too but i just prefer NA  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

anyway ..if anyone know a celica engine lyin around, please let me know
cos i try a few salvage places and still cant find it

thx
sam

mph

Quote from: "spwolf"but no, turbo has a lag... and when I race around track at 2,000 RPM I am going to notice it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
track.. 2000rpm? I suggest you learn how to change gear first.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "lautll421"I didnt now it become a debate whether turbo is good or not.....but this is not the purpose of my post...i like turbo too but i just prefer NA  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

anyway ..if anyone know a celica engine lyin around, please let me know
cos i try a few salvage places and still cant find it

thx
sam

If you are going to get the stuff from japan i suggest you talk to scot from TRIAL.

Spirit will not answer any english emails and will most probably not sell any kit of theirs.

Trial on the other hand will as I was in talk with them before.  They can offer the whole deal with a tuned PFC including the engine.

The 2ZZ will work with the MR-S 5speed and 6speed.  Shafts are the same for both engines.

Anonymous

A turbo will be faster.  The 2ZZ is difficult to drive fast but it can go to 8300rpm  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"but no, turbo has a lag... and when I race around track at 2,000 RPM I am going to notice it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
track.. 2000rpm? I suggest you learn how to change gear first.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Martin, I think he got you  s;) ;) s;)  I'm sure he was saying "no one drives at 2000rpm when they wanna go fast"  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

when are you in Luton, Martin?  I close...ish.  will you go via the M1?

Anonymous

CIN
do u have scott email address i can contact him??

thx

sam

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"

Martin, I think he got you  s;) ;) s;)  I'm sure he was saying "no one drives at 2000rpm when they wanna go fast"  s8) 8) s8)

heh yep, I thought sarcasm was obvious there  s;-) ;-) s;-) ))))

I dont think anyone that likes to drive has any issues with keeping the engine in the boost zone... heck I drive my CTS (2zzge) above 6k all the time without any issues... cant wait to tubo my mr2   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "lautll421"do u have scott email address i can contact him??

thx

sam

Wah did not see this sorry.

e mailto:scott@trial.co.jp">scott@trial.co.jp e

Tags: