?Switches in new MR2

Started by Anonymous, November 11, 2005, 22:09

Anonymous

While I was in the Toyota dealer garage I notice there was a new MR2, with leather seats. Ok this I know very normal. However I noticed on the centre console near the back there were two switches I haven't seen before.  I looked closer and noticed they were for heated seats.

I've got a set of leather seats in my car and was wondering, anyone taken the centre console apart and noticed any extra wiring and do nothing much???

I would love to know. Thx

<MOD - Title of thread changed to match text in thread>

Liz

These are available on the newer MR2's - if you do a search on "heated and seats" you will find that there is a GB going on!!  GSB previous done a wiring loom which you could buy from him to fit the pads with. There is no wiring in place ready for the pads.

A great addition to the car and I would not be without mine.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

mg

As Liz says, these are a dealer option for 2005.  I have them.  They are fitted in the UK by some 3rd party prior to delivery and they fit the wiring with the leather (I've had the console off to fit a short shift kit and have seen the wiring).

They work great, but the switches are poorly designed and/or positioned on the centre tunnel, right where your elbow either turns them on (or off) unexpectedly.  They should have been surrounded by a lip or positioned elsewhere. Compared to the switches provided in the GB from Tem, they look really clunky.  They also have a 'Hi/Lo' setting that I'm sure is just 'on/off' (My butt has never managed to tell the difference between 'hi/lo').

My first '2 had no heated seats and the difference in comfort is worth the cost and work to get them fitted.

As Liz says, get the set from Tem's GB.  He has sent me a set recently for fitting into our other car (RAV4) and it is complete, ready to fit.
[size=67]2005 Silver | Red Heated Leather | TTE Turbo | TTE exhaust | TTE Lowered Springs | TRD FSB | B&M Short Shift | David\'s Style Bars | Bama Tall Deflector | Red Calipers[/size]

Anonymous

I had a set delivered from TEM this week. Fitted them on Friday afternoon, it was a bit of a fiddle getting the pads to stick in the right place but well worth it!
Jumped in early this morning and switched my seat on, heated up really fast, mmm   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Get in on the GB and get the wiring loom also, this saves some time as everything simply plugs in.

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thanks TEM!

Tem

Thanks for the compliments guys!  s8) 8) s8)

And don't forget you'll also support your favourite club by getting a set  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Here's another compliment - everytime my bum gets warm in my car I think of you Tem!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "Liz"everytime my bum gets warm in my car I think of you Tem!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I didn't know I have that effect on you Liz!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: