Snow

Started by Anonymous, November 17, 2005, 16:21

Richard41

As careful as you are there's always the risk you'll meet a **** like this, seen quite few already   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2 ... now_148613 m

stargazer30

Well My wife just bought a qashqai, hates snow and really didn't want to drive her new car in it.  So over the last week I've done all the school runs and running around in the MR2 in the snow and we've had a fair bit up here.  As has been said, tyres, tyres, tyres!  I have winter tyres and its been no drama at all.  Never missed a beat and never got stuck once.  You do need to know what to expect with Mid RWD though.  At low speeds it sometimes its easier and safer to turn the car on the throttle than trying to steer normally!

Compare that to the first week I ever bought and drove the MR2, which was a few years back when we got the really bad snow, just as it started.  That one had summer bridgestones on it and it was pure comedy in the white stuff, you would not have wanted to be going over 30mph in it!
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

carolineasb

Ah, but I see that guy/girl with just the wee space on his/her windscreen, had also cleared the car badge to show that he/she was driving a "superior" car, so maybe it had lots of gadgets and gizmos to get him/her there without seeing where he/she was going very well lol!!
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

AckersMR2

Please don't tell me the Qashqai is a 4x4 version?
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Surely we should all know Audi drivers are superior in every way and their driving skill should never be questioned  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
( I don't have an Audi  :-) :-) :-)  )
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Surely we should all know Audi drivers are superior in every way and their driving skill should never be questioned  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Audi drivers ... the [strike:4dgvr39h]kings[/strike:4dgvr39h] queens of the road   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Surely we should all know Audi drivers are superior in every way and their driving skill should never be questioned  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hey!
I drive one, but technically it's not mine.
To be honest anyone who drives like that deserves to be banned.
My Audi is actually crap in the snow, these AA Eco-f.ing-friendly tyres are just useless in this weather and the lease company forbid changing wheels and fitting any tyres other than what they supply.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

stargazer30

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Please don't tell me the Qashqai is a 4x4 version?

Nope FWD 1.6 petrol   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reddi"whats the 2 like to drive in the snow?

Sideways    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Generally its pretty tense, just take it easy, take your time. If its not worth the risk then dont make the trip, oh and dont try anything your not trained to do :p - so if you have no experience in driving sideways then dont try it! even on an empty car park :p

RIch

simers

I wish I had mine still because its been fairly icy here and I love slideways action
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

kentsmudger

Quote from: "stargazer30"As has been said, tyres, tyres, tyres!  I have winter tyres and its been no drama at all.  Never missed a beat and never got stuck once.  You do need to know what to expect with Mid RWD though.  At low speeds it sometimes its easier and safer to turn the car on the throttle than trying to steer normally!
Had some time out in the snow yesterday, doing a 'survey of local roads, to check out Mrs Smudger's route to work for this morning' ! Aren't I helpful!

6-8 inches of fresh powder, mixed with part-gritted and slushy roads - Was almost effortless on the winter tyres, keeping the speed sensible - Still playful, but never dangerous or losing control, and yes, steering on the throttle is a handy trick!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

steve430

iv never had a problem. only had it 2 years tho, but managed to drop my girlfriend off at work all weekend. iv gotta little van for work so no issues there. had a c250 diesel merc before. comparably, that was much sketchyer, plus if i went wrong in that it would just plough through whatever was in its way. gotta love playing sideways monkeys in the carparks and upsetting the fun nazis tho.

Chilli Girl

Drove to work today, no problems. Drove into car park and thought I'd have abit of fun, doughnuts, that kind of thing, before the car park became full, Chilli was having great fun. Then, she stopped! Got the rear wheels stuck and going nowhere. There I left it all day. I checked it at lunchtime and it made me laugh everybody had parked away from me, it was as if poor Chilli had some contagious disease! So, I thought at least I won't get any door dents today!  Two guys pushed me out so here I am safely back at home!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Anonymous

Snow ftw.

however in my fwd car tis alot easier !

Chilli Girl

Yeh, I often think, should I buy a cheap fwd alternative for the snow but then, how often do we get snow in a year!  Funny I put Chilli away in the garage and when I went to the back of the car to close the garage door, there were four enormous handprints on the rear, they were obviously wearing dirty big gloves.  Anyway, I let them off, it was kind of them to give me a push. I bet people who followed me home were having a giggle at them! Lol
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Anonymous

im only in a fwd as im thinking of going rwd drive ! hence me joining the site. doing my research before i commit  s:) :) s:)

Chilli Girl

The MR2 is fun, fun, fun in whatever the weather!  Was it an MR2 you were looking for? I hope your answer is yes, otherwise, you may get thrown off this site! Lol

Markb

I'm using the original all wheel drive swb Rav4....it loves the snow  s:D :D s:D  

The 2 is somewhere on the drive under a pile of snow  s:( :( s:(

Richard41

My cover was being used by local kids as a handy place to make snowballs, went out to brush the snow off and got pelted, so I fought back but was outnumbered  s:( :( s:(  

Someone kindly salted the track outside my house today so hoping to get car over to work tomorrow, drive is nice & slippy   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

PhillRC

i find it easy too drive in the snow, sensible and like a hooligan just keep the revs low or you will be backwards lmao

Chilli Girl

Drove back home in thick snow, had abit of a play on a quiet side road - brilliant fun until a Police car turned into the same road.  Can you believe it, when you want a Policeman, you can't find one, when you don't want one, they are suddenly there!

Tags: