Oh F*ck :( I am so stupid...

Started by aaronjb, November 22, 2005, 09:01

aaronjb

Quote from: "Gav1980"Moral of the story - when topping up your oil always put the cap somewhere that'll stop you from shutting the bonnet, that way you can't forget to put it back on - I won't be doing this again...

Yep, that's exactly what I do now, too!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris_h

My oil filling drama relates to ruining a pair of trousers and new suede shoes (not blue) whilst I stood holding my funnel post top up.   s:( :( s:(  

Drip, drip drip.

Could Mr T have made it any harder to check and top up the oil??
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

aaronjb

Oh yes..

Never tried to find the engine on an MG-TF or Boxster, have you?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Poop happens.  What a mess that must be.

spit

Handy tip from the Cheapskate Club: get yourself down to your nearest £ shop - they sell funnels with a mesh filter and detachable flexi for ... well .. a pound.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Very useful for re-filling.

I think Gav has just earned a nomination for the coveted prize of "topic search and revival champion"  s8) 8) s8)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Slacey

Quote from: "spit"Handy tip from the Cheapskate Club: get yourself down to your nearest £ shop - they sell funnels with a mesh filter and detachable flexi for ... well .. a pound.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Very useful for re-filling.
I've got one - works well and can't be beaten for a quid!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

enid_b

not fair, gav gets an award....

all i got was NECROPOSTING stuck under my post?

harumph !
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

philster_d

Quote from: "spit"I think Gav has just earned a nomination for the coveted prize of "topic search and revival champion"  s8) 8) s8)

hehe and Aaron was just collateral damage.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rmowbray

You've plenty of company in this club, I've done it too   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Even worse, when I picked up my Mk1 MR2 from the garage I bought it from xx years ago, I got home to find oil everywhere. Yep you guessed it, the garage had left the filler off   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

carl_evs

I used to do it all the time in my old Rover..... was lucky that I always used to ut it in the same place and it would drop into a nice gap above the gearbox and stay there...so when i remembered i knew where it would be to put back on!!!

(It became regular to top up oil/coolant as was having issues at the time and didnt have the money to fix for a few weeks therefore daily checks were compulsory!!)
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

karlus972

that story made me think of this one guy in the US who lost the oil cap of his M3. What did he do then? he stucked one of his sock in the hole as the oil cap was gone   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

What happened? The sock went straight into the engine parts and f*cked up his motor   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
This thread was on SC, and went all around the world and the poor guy, was soooo upset!

Glad none of you thought of this lame option!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Madinina Style!!

philster_d

I remember and the funny thing was the garage he took it to said they had seen this before   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

karlus972

That story made me laugh for hours!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
- Sh*t, my oil cap is gone. WTH, let me stuck my left sock in
- Oh carp, my M3 engine is toasted!! well, let me post this on the M3 board, to see what they think

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I think this story went to thousands of car forums   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

I read this post without looking at the date and thought "been there, done that" then I saw DarthPaul had put up a reply and was ready to put a welcome back answer................then I looked at the date  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

2005?  Oh lord I was going to say that I thought he'd done it before but was afraid of making him feel worse!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: