Wind deflector...

Started by Anonymous, June 2, 2003, 14:28

Anonymous

Guys, a little help...

I know Bama does those larger clear wind deflectors but what I'm looking for is a clear deflector that is the same size as the stock one.

Basically I want something that is clear so it doesn't annoy me when I leave it up in the summer but the same size as stock so that when I do put it down (in the winter for example, to give easier access to the shelf behind the seats) it doesn't obstruct the storage bin doors.

Anyone know if that sort of thing is around, or maybe if Bama would do one (I'll contact him but I'd rather find one over here as it's quicker, easier and usually cheaper to source stuff over here).

Cheers!

--H--

Comer

Gareth you can get clear normal size ones from Bama as well. My new one is on the way and the postage was only $9 USD.  He has started his second Group Buy so I'm sure you could get in on it.  

But he does like to get all the orders in before getting them made so you could end up waiting for a month.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I was reading on his site, he does do the standard size clear ones and apparently he has them in stock so you could probably get it quite soon.

Slacey

BUT - the taller one does work wonders (I'm 6' 4"), and it does look good... especially with a nice logo......   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

ohhhhhhh, it does look good with the logo doesnt it!!!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Whats the prices like on these and im guessing that there easy to fit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Sssshh Slacey these mods from Spyderchat are little gems you should keep secret  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

I actually bought my Bama deflector on eBay from (I believe) a former member of this group for 15 quid(!), and the logo cost around 8 quid shipped. Both are REALLY easy to fit.

Anonymous

is that the american e-bay???

Slacey

Nope, the .co.uk one.

Anonymous

ok i will give it a go thankyou   s:P :P s:P

Tem

You might wanna check this thread:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3196 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

your a man with a thread   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

FYI guys I've just had an email from Mark (Bama) to let me know that he has posted out my clear wind deflector by airmail so it should arrive soon.

I will feedback with my impressions when it arrives...

s:D :D s:D  

--H--

Anonymous

Well my new clear wind deflector arrived today.  It was held up slightly for various reasons but Mark kept me up to date.

Anyway, I've just fitted it (10 minute job) and it looks great.  It a good piece of work, I went for the stock size and it is exactly the same size and shape as the original item except it's clear!

I've just sat in the drivers seat and looked in the mirror and you can't even tell that the deflector is up.  This is exactly what I was after and I'd highly recommend it.

If anybody wants Mark email address just PM me.

--H--

Slacey

Out of interest H, what was the delay?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Out of interest H, what was the delay?
Someone snaffled the one he had in stock before he got my payment so I had to wait for the next batch to be made.  Still only took a couple of weeks to arrive all in all.

--H--

Anonymous

Got my new deflector (clear and 1" bigger) a time ago. The logo is amazing and looks real good, its a big improvement. Top down cruising at 20 Mph, driving at 50Mph or pushing it a little bit more at 90 Mph. Always the same amount off turbulence in the cockpit, I felt the difference with the smaller one. I leave the defelector up all the time now, since I can easilt see through it. The dark one gave me some trouble.
Got it from BAMA SPYDER and payed with Pay-Pall, easy and safe and only a small commision.
Fore those thinking about getting one, just do it....you won 't be sorry.

Anonymous

Hey all!

Thanks so much for the good reviews of my Custom-Made Clear Deflectors!

I always have the best selling experiences with UK owners (seriously) and I hope to one day (maybe next year) visit and meet a few of you while over there, maybe check out a local pub or something.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I am still selling these deflectors; however I am currently out-of-stock (on both the stock-sized clear and the 3/4" taller clear) but have placed another order with my supplier so I'll have more shortly.

Anyone interested, feel free to contact me directly at:
 e mailto:grafx_dsznr@yahoo.com">grafx_dsznr@yahoo.com e

More info. here:
Custom-made Clear MR2 Spyder Wind Deflectors

Cheers!!!
  s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Hey Mark, good to see you on our board, no harm in fishing for a bit of business eh?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
If you do get over here, be sure to give me a shout!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Hey Mark, good to see you on our board, no harm in fishing for a bit of business eh?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
If you do get over here, be sure to give me a shout!   s:D :D s:D

Don't want it to seem I only posted to drum up business (however, I'm sure that is the way it appears) - I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions about my deflectors and also add your board to my ever-increasing "often visited" MR2 sites   s:D :D s:D  

When I do travel over ya'lls way, I'll be sure to post on here and see if I can meet up, I was unaware of this board before Gareth T. told me about it   s:x :x s:x

I hope to visit this site often and get lots of good info. - your UK boys really know your stuff   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cheers!
  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Just dropped you an email!

Torn between getting clear normal size, or clear oversize though!

Jason

Anonymous

Quote from: "bama spyder"When I do travel over ya'lls way, I'll be sure to post on here and see if I can meet up, I was unaware of this board before Gareth T. told me about it   s:x :x s:x
Spreading the word as always!  Good to see you here Mark!

--H--

Anonymous

Sent you a mail too, BamaSpyder!

Think it'll be the standard size for me.. don't use it a great deal, hence I don't want to hamper access to the rear lockers.. but can't stand the 70s brown smoked glass coffee table look of the stock one! Why Toyota, Why?!!!

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"Sent you a mail too, BamaSpyder!

Think it'll be the standard size for me.. don't use it a great deal, hence I don't want to hamper access to the rear lockers.. but can't stand the 70s brown smoked glass coffee table look of the stock one! Why Toyota, Why?!!!

Tim

Thanks guys  s;) ;) s;)   Of course, the advantage of the clear-taller version is you really never have to put it down which will cover the rear doors - I never do - even with the top up, seeing as how it's clear. Plus the taller one should add added wind resistance.  However I do still sell a good many stock ones, all in your choice.

But that's why I offer 2 sizes, people prefer different things   s:P :P s:P  

I'll be replying to all emails shortly.

Cheers!
  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: