Running at the "pod"

Started by Anonymous, September 3, 2003, 08:56

Anonymous

Hey guys, am comsidering going to the Jap Performance Mag meet at the pod on the 12th October, (takes extinguisher out) and i am thinking of doing a few runs - now i know the '2' isn't made for straight line speed BUT i am curious. Therefore i have the following questions.

1. Do i need any special gear (helmets etc)?
2. Are the runs done under the "pod" insurance or is it mine?
3. What kinda cars will i be running against?

Cheers guys.

James.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"1. Do i need any special gear (helmets etc)?
2. Are the runs done under the "pod" insurance or is it mine?
3. What kinda cars will i be running against?

1. It depends on the event regulations, but i would have thought you would need a helmet... check with them first so you dont get turned away.

2. I would be surprised if they covered you, so woudl arrange this through your own insurance.

3. Probably hundreds of bling bling saxos and some mean ass cossies or something... you get all sorts at a place like that. Its not so much about racing eachother, as about racing yourself (or your fastest time anyway)... or at least thats how it should be (but everyone races eachother anyway   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Have fun!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Be wary of wear and tear on your clutch, brakes etc. Might be a good time to uprate some of these so they can sustain the pressure without any damage.

Anonymous

no need 4 a helmet if your 1/4 mile end speed is below 100mph (but thats 4 non softtop cars) there for i think its best to bring 1 just in case.

insurence is not covered but they don't ask you to show that your covered so its up to u if u want to take the risk.

it will depends on who u line up with, if u have a mate with u u can run along side him/her.

remeber to bring your driving licence  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Do you need the paper bit as i only have the card as m,y paper bit was lost lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Do you need the paper bit as i only have the card as m,y paper bit was lost lol

not too sure as mines the old type paper one.

Anonymous

You may need the paper bit as technically the new style licence consists of both parts and neither part, on their own, is considered to be a complete licence.

--H--

Anonymous

That's what i was fearing, time to apply for a new paper bit me thinks then.

Ta

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"That's what i was fearing, time to apply for a new paper bit me thinks then.

Ta

y not just give them a buzz 01234 782828
or mail //Info@santapod.com

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"That's what i was fearing, time to apply for a new paper bit me thinks then.

Ta

Yes, especially given your 'Communist Rozzer' incident... Good job they didn't give you a producer then isn't it??

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"

Ta

Yes, especially given your 'Communist Rozzer' incident... Good job they didn't give you a producer then isn't it??

Last producer i was given i didn't need the paper bit, generally you do tho yes.

Anonymous

Just heard back from the pod...

Dear Sir,

You do not need a helmet if you have a hardtop car (although we recommend it if you are in a very high performance vehicle). If you have a soft-top, you will need a crash helmet and arm restraints.

Your company car insurance is unlikely to cover you for incidents on the track, but if you need insurance, try a company like  w www.competitioncarinsurance.co.uk w  

We look forward to seeing you there.

Santa Pod

Tags: