Look at this blokes Hoop! sorry Hoops.

Started by Anonymous, September 4, 2003, 21:58

Anonymous

Great news for all you modders.
If you visit spyderchat.com, theres a guy selling Style bars/hoops. They are priced @ 378Eur = £261.00 shipping 40 Eur = £27.00
How about a group buy? He states that he does Group buys.

Anonymous

Where's the link  s:?: :?: s:?:

Slacey

I take it these are David's, the French guy. They are a lovely bit of kit, the only ones I have seen that I really like and I've been tempted for over six months to get some of these now, but am having trouble justifying the cost.
As for a GB, the last post I saw from him stated that he would sell singly at the original GB price, so I doubt we could get any more off, but it could be worth a try. I'd be interested at any rate....

See below, as Cartell left the link out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5958&highlight=&sid=d986d8f9cb036c52edad30efc4a300c0
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

only thing that would worry me is what happens if the car ends up on its roof...

Anonymous

I like the mounting point on them but think they look to TT'ish.......i.e. too thin.       s:? :? s:?  

Must admit though, the TT ones are worse cos they a tall & gangly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"I like the mounting point on them but think they look to TT'ish.......i.e. too thin.       s:? :? s:?  

Must admit though, the TT ones are worse cos they a tall & gangly.

The TT bars are apart of the car and will save you in a roll, i'd guess that these would just fold up like a mouse trap.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"As for a GB, the last post I saw from him stated that he would sell singly at the original GB price, so I doubt we could get any more off, but it could be worth a try. I'd be interested at any rate....

Might save a bit on shipping if a load came over at one?
They look quite nice.  Anyone know if they're easy to fit?

J

Slacey

According to the guys who have bought previously (mostly US based), they are simple to fit, especially if you go for the pre-cut plastics David can supply.
As for the issue of what would happen in an accident, he does sell them as style bars, with no guarantees of structural ability, so I guess you take your chances. I'm still tempted, especially as he designed them to work with the hardtop too.

dancarbon

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"only thing that would worry me is what happens if the car ends up on its roof...
You'd probably scratch them and have to get them repaired.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I still fancy some of the Chrome Design hoops - they are nice and chunky, but Davids are a lot cheaper so could be a good compromise, at least you can still use the wind deflector. Details on a group buy would be good, but they'd still take some justifying to the missus.  s:( :( s:(

He does some very nice centre consoles too, but he doesn't mention price:

2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

ummmm... think the jury is still out on that one....   s:? :? s:?  

I like the idea of the sweeping centre console, but in metalic silver....   s:? :? s:?    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Don't like the look of the top one. Too much "in your face"

A question for the more observant of you peeps out there. Do you prefer the first or second design  s:?: :?: s:?:  

He could also do with some of DP's arn rests  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"ummmm... think the jury is still out on that one....   s:? :? s:?  

The jury has come back in, they say it's nasty. (IMHO of course)
Maybe we should arrange a club weekend to France to pick them up.  Anyone know where abouts he lives?
Wish I hadn't been reminded of the Chrome Design ones - they're lovely but waaaay more than I want to spend.  
Are style hoops an insurance   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   "mod"?

J

Anonymous

I prefer the second... cup holders are of no use to me... NO ONE is allowed to eat/drink/smoke etc in my car!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

No no Non, nein, nacht, nope!!! It just looks exactly what it is........homemade! NO!!!!

Just.......

bloody.......

NO!!!!!!! Goddamn!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"No no Non, nein, nacht, nope!!! It just looks exactly what it is........homemade! NO!!!!

Just.......

bloody.......

NO!!!!!!! Goddamn!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

yup, your right - if it was say a factory fit option or something, then that would probably been something that i would have wanted to go for.

Anonymous

I don't like either of 'em.  For heaven's sake it's Mid Rear, not Front Rear.  I don't need and don't want a transmission tunnel.  The first one, not only do I not like the chrome, but I really really hate the cheap looking molded plastic (is it plastic?) bit in the middle too.

The second one would be more my style, a bit more sublet, a bit less in your face... but again, I don't want a transmission tunnel.

Anonymous

Kris, I might not even like it if it was factory fit option!!! Mind you, it does look very handmade, so I suppose that is what is putting me off. I liek chrome in the inside of a car, but there are limits!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And Phil, your also right. My old Mk1 was mid-rear too (obviously  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ) and that HAD the transmission tunnel and it really annoyed me sometimes when my knees used to bang and so on. Other than that, it was OK to rest your arm!

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"I don't like either of 'em.  For heaven's sake it's Mid Rear, not Front Rear.  I don't need and don't want a transmission tunnel.  The first one, not only do I not like the chrome, but I really really hate the cheap looking molded plastic (is it plastic?) bit in the middle too.

The second one would be more my style, a bit more sublet, a bit less in your face... but again, I don't want a transmission tunnel.

I agree Phil, but I do kinda like that metal shift gate...

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"And Phil, your also right. My old Mk1 was mid-rear too (obviously  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ) and that HAD the transmission tunnel and it really annoyed me sometimes when my knees used to bang and so on. Other than that, it was OK to rest your arm!

im a lanky git so my leg rests against the piller near the stereo anyway, so that would not bother me!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I KNEW there was some advantage to being a short arse. Just that it has taken me 31 years to figure it out!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "Jimbob"Are style hoops an insurance   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   "mod"?
Are you taking the p*ss, Jim?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Umm. No.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Spose it was a stupid question, just that since it doesn't make the car faster/more dangerous/more likely to be stolen etc why should they care? Guess it's the where do you draw the line thing but that's covered in topics elsewhere.

J

Slacey

Quote from: "Jimbob"Umm. No.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Spose it was a stupid question, just that since it doesn't make the car faster/more dangerous/more likely to be stolen etc why should they care? Guess it's the where do you draw the line thing but that's covered in topics elsewhere.
No, not a stupid question Jim, I was referring to the major hassle I have just had with my (ex)insurance company over my mods, wondered if you were being sarcastic!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I think I can definately say from very recent experience though, that any 'appearance' modifications are cool with the insurance co's, so the bars shouldn't be any problem.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I think I can definately say from very recent experience though, that any 'appearance' modifications are cool with the insurance co's, so the bars shouldn't be any problem.

...but should still be declared.

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"
Quote from: "Slacey"I think I can definately say from very recent experience though, that any 'appearance' modifications are cool with the insurance co's, so the bars shouldn't be any problem.

...but should still be declared.

Yeah, if you have a crunch you won't need the exta hassle   s:? :? s:?

Tags: