Look at this blokes Hoop! sorry Hoops.

Started by Anonymous, September 4, 2003, 21:58

markiii

so if you had a crunch and got injured by the bar folding would yo be covered for personal injury?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"so if you had a crunch and got injured by the bar folding would yo be covered for personal injury?

I'd guess not.

Anonymous

Right folks. I am prepared to organise a Group Buy for David's Styling Bars. I have emailed him with the suggestion of 350 euros and free delivery to my address only, provided we can order 10 or more. Waiting for a reply. Also need to know the weight of a set to find out the UK Parcel Force charge.

BTW if you go onto his web-site (link at the foot of his spyderchat post) you can view more detail of the 2 consols. The less flashy one looks narrower, but it says it's made of leather.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Slacey

So, that works out around £245 at todays rates, and being local I could pick them up from you... I'd be in I reckon   s:D :D s:D
Will we have 10 interested people though....?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Only 8 or more needed if I can persuade David to do the deal. Haven't heard back from him yet. Hopefully, Parcel Force will charge a lot less than the petrol for Telford/Wythall/Telford. Pity I can't cram everything in before next week-end  s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I'm interseted, just got to convince my ickle woman I need them. That'll be the hoovering,ironing,washing her car, decorating and, oh yes I'll probaly have to kiss her. The rest I can handle, but this will really test how much I need them & my will power. Keep your fingers crossed for me. The thing we do for the one we really love.

MR2Blue

I'm interested too.

Anonymous

QuoteThe TT bars are apart of the car and will save you in a roll, i'd guess that these would just fold up like a mouse trap.

I am not trying to debate again on the subject, because I saw many time on Spyderchat that you were absolutely against the style bar, but I want to give you (and also to the others) my opinion and some help about it, so that  everybody could  choose ...
First, for example, you can learn what Bill Merton  on Spyderchat says about it:

""""""I have David's style bars. While not real roll bars, it's not like you can move them or bend them easily. They *have* to provide SOME benefit, in the case of rollover. They certainly can't hurt.
I hear this "cause injury" stuff every now and then. I've even heard people saying they'll bend and snap and end up strangling you.  
Puhlease...
If they were to bend forward (toward your head, they will not get over/past the seat back, as the seat back is at virtually the same height, especially considering that it's located farther forward of the style bar mounting points.
Again, they are NOT roll bars, but certainly have to supplement the windshield and seat backs, should a car roll. A little something extra there is better than nothing, IMHO.
(That's not the reason I bought 'em, though. They were mainly an appearance mod for me."""""""

So, I can compare my bars to the Autopower  which is the only one more or less certified for a road use, but no for races.
It has 2  big external crutches and mine only 2 interior: it is stronger than mine in the longitudinal axe, but if it folds forward, it can goes above the seats, but mine no (see what Bill says above).
+ Mine has 2 fixings more screwed strongly in  the stock transversal bar , so it can't  collapse at the middle; if it was the case, the stock transversal bar will collapse with it ,and  if the bar collapse, the wings, ...the doors with it...
Anyway , I don't guarantee anything, and I sell it as a style bar.
David

Slacey

I don't think you need to justify your bars David, I and a few others are interested in purchasing some from you as they look good on the car (IMO anyway) and will make up our own minds about safety. I have followed the threads on Spyderchat since the bars conception, I liked them when you showed the first pictures on your own car, and saw the way you handled the soft-top rubbing problem; I have every confidence in your work. I do hope we can get a GB going, but I'll leave all matters related to that to Roger, as you are already in discussion.

Sean
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "david 0153"Anyway , I don't guarantee anything, and I sell it as a style bar.
David

And I never asked you to, my comment said buying them would leave doubts in my mind.  I know Bill from SC quite well and I know what he wrote.

"A little something extra there is better than nothing" is just not right, the stress the car has to go though in a bad roll over is incredible, i've put a stripped out racer on its roof and still to this day have no idea how I managed to walk away from it.  That HAD a roof and was almost as flat as a pancake.  EVERYthing flys off in a roll over, why do you think Toyota made the door handles outta plastic!

I never asked you to defend your bars in a roll over, I drive with a hardtop on my car for the sake of chassis bracing, I have no problem with someone fitting your bars for the sake of style.  I just said that if I fitted them it would be in the back of my mind, but then my hardtop is also.  I wasn't aiming to bad mouth your product.

Anonymous

OK, OK Wooden Dummy, no problem   s:) :) s:)
David

Anonymous

@david 0153
I removed the Postert one and will mount your Parts. Your Work is very good Quality.
I send you email last week to order the chrome one

Tags: