Interesting Article - TTE Turbo available in UK

Started by MR2john, January 25, 2006, 20:14

MR2john

Came across this article on the pistonHeads site thought it maybe interesting for some  s8) 8) s8)  
 w www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=12978 w

Hope the link works!!!!!
Ruby Red Lotus Elise Sport Tourer

Slacey

We are in talks with Silverstone Performance as we speak, look out for more on these guys soon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Am I reading that right... They will be able to supply and install the TTE Turbo in a 2  s:?: :?: s:?:  So no need to go to Germany??

ninjinski

Interesting - If they offered TTE turbos without the hasle of a trip across the water - I'd be very very tempted   s:D :D s:D

EDIT** Seems like they do http://domain936675.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59 **EDIT

Just need to get a price now to see what we are looking at?
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

When i had my spyder converted in germany, florian bachus told me about an english company going across in the new year, from silverstone, didnt relise it would be this soon though, anybody wanting a turbo i would reccomend this!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"We are in talks with Silverstone Performance as we speak, look out for more on these guys soon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sean, are you inferring TTE turbo on a Group Buy basis or am I just wishful thinking  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

mrsmr2

Group buy, group buy, group buy ....
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

markiii

wishful thinking however as with any product the more you buy teh cheaper teh price, so I'd speculate that it's not that daft an idea.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I will be meeting with them in a week or two, I can certainly propose a Group Buy as part of the chat. How many would be genuinely interested and likely to buy?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I will be meeting with them in a week or two, I can certainly propose a Group Buy as part of the chat. How many would be genuinely interested and likely to buy?

Sean, I'm genuinely interested. Infact on the assumption it's a possible GB I'm going to start spending a bit of cash on the mrs to soften her up a little  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "Slacey"I will be meeting with them in a week or two, I can certainly propose a Group Buy as part of the chat. How many would be genuinely interested and likely to buy?

Sean, I'm genuinely interested. Infact on the assumption it's a possible GB I'm going to start spending a bit of cash on the mrs to soften her up a little  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Your not the only one and its only down the road to me  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

heathstimpson

Quote from: "ninjinski"Interesting - If they offered TTE turbos without the hasle of a trip across the water - I'd be very very tempted   s:D :D s:D

EDIT** Seems like they do http://domain936675.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59 **EDIT

Just need to get a price now to see what we are looking at?
I love that front bumper in the link piccy  s8) 8) s8)

ninjinski

Sean if the price is right its a no brainer for me particularily with waranty and after sale support as part of the deal - count me in!

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

At the Essen Motor Show (25/11 to 4/12) Toyota Motorsport offered a 20% discount on the Turbo kit & installation, list price 6844 Euros (£4750) was reduced to 5500 Euros (£3800).

Lets do it soon..........please, please, please.  s:P :P s:P

ninjinski

If we can beat that initial Essen discount price, seeing that the MR2 is going out of production, Im interested!! - Sean we need to get a very competitive price out of them!

James   s:D :D s:D
Sable

aaronjb

Quote from: "DavidM"reduced to 5500 Euros (£3800).

I've got to say - I still think that's an awful lot for a system that will probably leave you wanting more, is a sealed system (so if you want more boost, there goes another £400 or so on an ECU) and doesn't seem to offer that many advantages - it's not like they're warrantying your engine with the turbo on it, AFAIK..

And a Toyota dealer still won't know what to do with one, should you ever have the misfortune to need to show him it..  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dreambackup

I do agree!

if only they offered a good warranty... but no, not if you have already used the car.

I'd say for that price, you can either go C2 or Hass and have spare change for a new engine in case things go very wrong  s:? :? s:?  

more over, as you said, Aaron, I am sure that my usual Toyota will freak out when he sees it. actually, they freak out when the see anything without "Toyota" on it (even "TRD" or "TTE" is scary to them  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).

I'd love to know if their header can be used with a stock (or TTE  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) exhaust... and the price for the thing...

I can't wait to read from the guy(s) who bought it  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

TommyD

Exactly my thoughts. The warranty is only useful if your car is still in warranty. If the turbo blows up your engine after your car is 3 years old...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Yes the cover on the turbo probably lasts 3 or more years but who will know how to repair it? The ecu unit is sealed and set at very safe and very low boost levels, we are only looking at 40HP over stock. Turbo systems like C2 and Hass are servicable and really are simple systems to run for anyone who looks under their bonnet, no bias here at all   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Having said that, it does look nice and I believe it fits the TTE exhaust fine.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Silverstone Performance

Hi Guys (and Girls)
Price and warranty were/are both issues we wanted to be clear on at the start of this project.  
The kit has a three year warranty on parts for cars not covered by factory warranty, for cars under manufacturers warranty the kit and any other defects are covered as normal.  Having seen the way the kit is engineered and installed, there really shouldn't be any need for the warranty  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Part of TMC's original criteria for TTE was that the turbocharged engine ran at full load for 100hrs without failure, which it did!
Toyota dealers will be able to work on a TTE turbo in exactly the same way as a standard car, the kit comes with a service manual and a list of special service items, which they can order in the normal way or from us.
We are actually finalising the price with TTE as we speak.
Our demonstrator will be available as soon as we finished the other mods...

Anonymous

Quote from: "TommyD"Exactly my thoughts. The warranty is only useful if your car is still in warranty. If the turbo blows up your engine after your car is 3 years old...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Yes the cover on the turbo probably lasts 3 or more years but who will know how to repair it? The ecu unit is sealed and set at very safe and very low boost levels, we are only looking at 40HP over stock. Turbo systems like C2 and Hass are servicable and really are simple systems to run for anyone who looks under their bonnet, no bias here at all   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Having said that, it does look nice and I believe it fits the TTE exhaust fine.

IIRC reports I've read say it increases the bhp from 138 stock to 189 turbo'd, which in increase of 51bhp (+35%).
Regarding warranty the system is supposed to have a 3 year warranty and it must be possible to extend the Toyota 3 year car warranty witth a TTE turbo fitted. So really no warranty issue for people still under warranty.

EDIT
Took to long responding and there is the answer...before my post  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Would love to be the Demo car for this, get it done on the cheap and they can plaster my car with stickers to promote. normal thing that happens with this type of thing

Anonymous

Having read the article, i have to say that the thing that jumps out at me is the torque figure, 255nm.

What are the Hass/C2 guys getting as a torque figure?

Anonymous

I'm getting roughly 254Nm@10psi!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

heathstimpson

Personally I prefer higher torque than power at the end of the day; it's more usable  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

in which case unless they have changed it since teh test car I drove there is no way that figure  is correct
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: