Interesting Article - TTE Turbo available in UK

Started by MR2john, January 25, 2006, 20:14

Anonymous

It does seem a tad high...

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"It does seem a tad high...
Just hoping they have got it right in anticipation  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

looks like its not a typo, i found this in my files

m http://www.tandridgecanoe.co.uk/roadste ... rbo_RZ.pdf m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

hmm most odd

didn't feel that quick, and we didn't exactly spare teh horses
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Seriuosly interested in this for my 54 plate car, I was put off the haas and c2 route because of the warranty issues.

If i could get the 2 to similar power output as my old CTR without risk to the internals it'll make the 2 the car it should have been fom the off.

s8) 8) s8)

TommyD

Someone needs to get one installed and then get a test reading done, I can't believe that the torque would be equal to Hass at 10psi.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"I'm getting roughly 254Nm@10psi!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anyone spot the deliberate mistake in my post? No? I'll enlighten everyone then...

My torque figure above was taken from my dyno at Thor which shows power at the hubs, and not power at the flywheel (which is what I'm presuming TTE are stating for their kit). My old dyno printout showed 172lb/ft at just 5psi and that's at the flywheel: For a comparison, at Thor I was getting 156lb/ft at the hubs at 6psi.

If you say that I gain/lose 5lb/ft for every psi, then 150lb/ft at the hubs is roughly equal to 5psi: Basically, a 13% drop from fly to hubs. Going on that, I'm making about 211lb/ft, or 285Nm. Which is better than the TTE kit, but then I'm at 10psi and I bet that kit is nowhere near that level of boost so maybe TTE's figures are right... Or they could still be wrong.

Does any of that post make sense to people?

Anonymous

Quote from: "TommyD"Someone needs to get one installed and then get a test reading done, I can't believe that the torque would be equal to Hass at 10psi.

Bossman23780 has TTE turbo installed so he can be the guinea pig. We are awaiting his pics and report on another thread. I'm hoping to meet up with him shortly to have a look. Hopefully he'll take me for a spin  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

....to a dyno

spit

Quote from: "Ekona"Does any of that post make sense to people?
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Me gone dizzy wiv all your numbers Dan  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  285NM fly looks about right on your calcs though - boy, I bet thats one fun car!

Just to clarify your 'sumption for readers, the TTE numbers are at the flywheel. But what level of boost does the TTE run at? Have I missed that info somewhere? Anyone know  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Quote from: "spgreen"What are the Hass/C2 guys getting as a torque figure?
Alberto's C2 had 224NM peak at the wheels at 4psi. Flywheel? Dunno...  I'm not firing on all four at the mo so guessing my numbers are way down in slug territory.

And my two penn'orth: I'm so glad the TTE has arrived. As a discontinuing marque, the more options we have to breath new life into the Roadster, the better. I'm with TommyD on the view that Hass/C2 et al are all viable - & so is 2zz come to that - but its great that we now have a whole spectrum of options from DIY right through to Turnkey. Makes it harder to find the excuse to resist, eh?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I'd be interested in hearing the price details please Sean, particularly if Silverstone agree to any sort of "group buy" price structure.

And if I was considering it, for me the best thing to do would be just go to Silverstone and try their demo vehicle!

thanks

Slacey

The meeting with SP is set, so I will take forward the questions raised here although they are registered as per the post above so will have a heads up before I get there. I am hoping I can set up a vlub meet at Silverstone too so those interested can come along for a bit of a social and take a look at SP's demo car.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

mrsmr2

I'm interested to know what additional bracing they add.  Also, is the fan mounted in the bonnet (seen on the SP website) included?

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

mrsmr2

Quote from: "Slacey"The meeting with SP is set, so I will take forward the questions raised here although they are registered as per the post above so will have a heads up before I get there. I am hoping I can set up a vlub meet at Silverstone too so those interested can come along for a bit of a social and take a look at SP's demo car.

Excellent idea, can they hire out Silverstone circuit for the day so we can really try the demo car out?   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

kanujunkie

Quote from: "mrsmr2"
Quote from: "Slacey"The meeting with SP is set, so I will take forward the questions raised here although they are registered as per the post above so will have a heads up before I get there. I am hoping I can set up a vlub meet at Silverstone too so those interested can come along for a bit of a social and take a look at SP's demo car.

Excellent idea, can they hire out Silverstone circuit for the day so we can really try the demo car out?   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Jason

and our own cars   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Silverstone Performance

Track days, dyno shootout outs, club meets are the kind of events we anticiapted being of interest to MR2 Roadster owners (it is the Roadster we are focusing on) as it is with TVR owners.  
Looking forward to the meeting with Slacey to discuss...
Back to the torque for a moment.  We don't have any first hand experience of any other conversions yet, but the TTE kit really does impress in the mid range.  255NM or 188 lb ft is quoted and certainly feels about right (the RR will tell us for sure  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) Boost is deliberately low, about 7psi or 0.5bar, as not to sacrifice the torque.

mrsmr2

Any thoughts about the impact on insurance?

I'm quite happily paying £300, fully protected, and 10k miles with esure.

Obviously, they won't touch me with a turbo so interested to know what other insureres might charge.

Thanks

Jason

edward.carter

Quote from: "mrsmr2"Any thoughts about the impact on insurance?

I'm quite happily paying £300, fully protected, and 10k miles with esure.

Obviously, they won't touch me with a turbo so interested to know what other insureres might charge.

Thanks

Jason

Well if i remember rightly dan (ekona) who is 26 and with adrian flux got charged an extra £125 for his turbo! ! and the tte one having less power may be even less than that, I think it all comes down to % increase.

Anonymous

Generally you'll pay alot les for a turbo than a new engine.

a turbo is only classed as an engine modification.

the best for this is elephant.

edward.carter

get ready for   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

markiii

ok the wheels are in motion we will keep you posted
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "mrsmr2"

Jason
Same here looking forward to this one; please can we have some flexibility with choosing dates for us shiftworkers please  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

The dates will be set by Silverstone to fit in with their schedule, but I will see if they can offer a couple of choices.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

proeliator2001

If there is the chance to meet up and take a demo for a spin (not literaly) then I'd be extremely interested.  The lack of power is the only bugbear for me (being another ex CTR owner) and the chance to keep my remaining 1 year Toyota Warranty and, I assume, still be able to buy their extended warranty with a turbo fitted is a big incentive.

The price would need to be right though.  After doing a search I'm still a little clueless on what the money buys - does it include an intercooler and lid mounted cooling fan?  It's a shame that the fitted kit isn't closer to 2K than 4K but if the demo feels good enough, it may be worthwhile.  A decent group buy price would definitely help.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "proeliator2001"The price would need to be right though.  After doing a search I'm still a little clueless on what the money buys - does it include an intercooler and lid mounted cooling fan?  It's a shame that the fitted kit isn't closer to 2K than 4K but if the demo feels good enough, it may be worthwhile.  A decent group buy price would definitely help.
That's the crunch at the end of the day. If the price came out around 2.5K fitted I think there would be good interest with the warrenty etc included

Tags: