Interesting Article - TTE Turbo available in UK

Started by MR2john, January 25, 2006, 20:14

Slacey

Very nice - much better than mine. I'll take a closer look when I'm over  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

ninjinski

Sean - When are you due to meet with them? Take some piccies when there if u can   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Slacey

Quote from: "ninjinski"Sean - When are you due to meet with them? Take some piccies when there if u can   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
The 10th - I will take my camera  s:) :) s:)

dreambackup

is this the original location of the intercooler???

on the drawings, I didn't see any sign of PRE-cats (the ones in the header). where are they located now?

I know they change the main cat, though...
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "dreambackup"on the drawings, I didn't see any sign of PRE-cats (the ones in the header). where are they located now?

You mean the drawings in the PDF that you posted? (I think it was you anyway, bad memory  s;) ;) s;) ) - In that PDF, the pre cat (only one) was located immediately after the turbo, bolted directly to the exhaust output flange -- no longer in the header.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Silverstone Performance

Just to clarify, the intercooler location is the original for the TTE Turbo, just below the engine.  The Turbo manifold has it's own precat (100 cel race cat I believe), retains both OE O2 sensors and the works with the standard main cat and exhaust which are retained.  
The silencer can be upgraded to the TTE (or TRD) one or there will be this option  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 548#121548 m

As part of our exhaust development we will have a better idea of which exhausts are compatible with the Turbo kit.

dreambackup

thanks for the details  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "ninjinski"Sean - When are you due to meet with them? Take some piccies when there if u can   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
The 10th - I will take my camera  s:) :) s:)

So how did you get on Friday  s:?: :?: s:?:

Slacey

Quote from: "DavidM"So how did you get on Friday  s:?: :?: s:?:
Very well, excepting the fact that I left my camera by the front door!

See here for the full report.

markiii

just to let you know teh offical press release is now available on teh home page
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ninjinski

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "DavidM"So how did you get on Friday  s:?: :?: s:?:
Very well, excepting the fact that I left my camera by the front door!

See here for the full report.

Ever get the camera back - would love to see piccies - My engine is getting needy!

I see SP mention 6 second 0-60 is this accurate?
Wonder what the time benefits are through the range 50-70, 70-100 etc?

What could we expect in terms of performance, what other cars would offer similar performance to a TTE turbo'ed MR2 - just trying to get an idea here of what benefit would be gained. TA!

While I'm on a question frenzy - what additional bracing is recommended and is there anything else that would help the car handle better with more power?

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Tags: