Poll? (Applicable to Hardtop owners only)

Started by Comer, September 9, 2003, 10:07

Comer

Fingers crossed I'll be getting a hardtop for my car this weekend and due to space being limited in my flat it is going straight onto the car until next year.  

This could be a bit early for my liking especially if Sep stays warm.  So just out of interest when do hardtop owners normally put their top back on their car.

I can't do a poll for some reason so I'll list the choices instead.

Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan!
Feb!!!
Or it's a waste of money and sitting in my shed since new!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Mine will go on in October.  But then natural hardtops (as opposed to you fake dyed hardtops  s;) ;) s;) ), all have A/C, so bunging it on when it's still warm isn't a problem.

Hope4Sun

I always have put the top back on my car the end of September for the last 4 years (use to do it on the MX5 too), and then back off March time if all looks good, but then i use to take the car off the road for Nov through to Feb apart from nice crisp dry days   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Slacey

Yep, end of this month it's going on. I prefer the look of the car with the HT on, and the extra sound-deadning and rigidity is always welcome.
Personally (I know a lot of people think they are a waste of money), I love mine and don't regret buying it.
Also, I can fit & remove mine by myself, so I can (and do) remove it on the occasional sunny winter weekend.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Mine will go on sometime this month as I prefer being topless in a T-shirt rather than looking like Elmer Fudd with hat and mittens    s:) :) s:)  

I am a big fan of the HT as I like the look, the improved rear visibility and the dampening effect it has on vehicle vibration. It also frees up the kitchen where its kept!

Anonymous

I normally wait till the temp is around 7C before bothering with the HT, and I put the winter tyres on at the same time.

Anonymous

Comer,

did you order the hardtop after you had the car with just the soft top for a while. I thought you could only get a hardtop at the time you ordered the car - at least that's what the salesman told me. I didn't opt for the hardtop at the time but wish that I had now. Is it possible to order a hardtop after the event and if so what's the deal - what mod's have to be made for it to fit and what's the approximate cost?  -anyone know.

markiii

no offence but theres been loads of suff on this posted recently, do a search which should answer most of your questions. Anuthing else after that feel freto ask.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I've got mine on now and it won't come off until next March/April.  I forgot how good they look with them on.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

mine's going on tonight, can't wait, forgotten how good it looks, but know it looks DAMN good!!!

Anonymous

You lot are mad!

It's glorious sunshine up here today and I'll be driving home from work with the roof down.

Looks like we're on for an Indian summer this year, last year I was driving around with the roof down in Dedember.

--H--

filcee

I usually wait for the clocks to go back, then put mine on.  I'm also usually might p***d off when the winter days are bright and sunny and I'm sat under the tin top!

It comes off again around the time the clocks go forward.

My primary motivation is security - dark winter evenings and dodgy hotel car parks are no place to leave a soft top!

So - next the next available decent/dry weekend, it's time for a clean and polish and drop the top on - looks like I have a Saturday or Sunday sorted out for work then   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

No danger of mine going back on quite yet.  Far too many random HOT sunny days going about still!

Was planning on a September re-introduction, but October possibly November is looking more likely right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Also, I can fit & remove mine by myself, so I can (and do) remove it on the occasional sunny winter weekend.

Mine is on at the moment (went to a wedding and the wife didnt want her hair messing up) but will probably come back of for a few more weeks.

Slacey how do you manage to get it on and off on your own, have you got a special technique or are you just a big b*stard?

Slacey

Quote from: "RaGE"Slacey how do you manage to get it on and off on your own, have you got a special technique or are you just a big b*stard?
As you so eloquently put it, yes I am a big b*astard, 6'4" with long arms!
BTW, you coming on Sunday...  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Soory cant do this Sunday its the Italian GP big title decider this one, never miss a race. I shall be sat in the dark drinking beer in my mates home cinema room I so need to get me one of those.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RaGE"Soory cant do this Sunday its the Italian GP big title decider this one, never miss a race.

DOH! forgot about that! (now wheres my portable TV!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Tags: