CG lock

Started by ninjinski, March 9, 2006, 15:19

ninjinski

Just ordered and fitted one of these from Demon Tweeks.

Designed to hold you tight to the seat at the waist while enabling the upper body to move. It apparently gives 80% of the rigidity you would get with a full harness but uses the existing seat belt.

Have yet to try it when driving but it really does hold you into the seat firmly and is a very well produced piece of kit.

Dont know if any of you guys calling into DT's on the way to Angelsey want to check them out, it may make a difference on the twisty circuit there.

http://www.cg-lock.com/
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

philster_d

Ker Ching!

How much ?

markiii

not sure it helps us with tshi amount of time left but Sean organised a GB price on these

wortha  search
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ninjinski

39.99 @ DT's cheaper online on the manufacturers website!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

philster_d

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ninjinski"Dont know if any of you guys calling into DT's on the way to Angelsey want to check them out, it may make a difference on the twisty circuit there.

no thanx  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

ninjinski

Likey likey - tres cool!!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Sable

Anonymous

They look very very nice stu   s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D

SimonC_Here

Ohh, can I have a go in them?

Simon

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Roo"They look very very nice stu   s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D

they work well as a performance mod, you can feel every little twitch from the front and rear of the car, a must mod for those with Davids bars, and very simple to do as well
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"they work well as a performance mod, you can feel every little twitch from the front and rear of the car, a must mod for those with Davids bars, and very simple to do as well

Adds 'David's Bars' to 'things to get for the car' list!..  s:D :D s:D
Bet they work well on track.

roger

My seats don't have a hole in them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tem

Quote from: "ninjinski"39.99

Pounds?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

These were $59 for two a year or so ago in SC GB. Got a pair myself after reading several praises about them.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ninjinski

$59 dollars = 34 pounds  -  not too much in it seeing that they were shipped out from a local supplier - and little P&P

edit** oops for 2!! see what u mean!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sable

filcee

Quote from: "kanujunkie"they work well as a performance mod, you can feel every little twitch from the front and rear of the car, a must mod for those with Davids bars, and very simple to do as well
Presumably, as they are attached to the David's bars, which are not a seatbelt mounting point, you also have to have the inertia belt on at the same time?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tem

Quote from: "ninjinski"$59 dollars = 34 pounds  -  not too much in it seeing that they were shipped out from a local supplier - and little P&P

edit** oops for 2!! see what u mean!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Yeah, $29.something for one.  s;) ;) s;)  The shipping wasn't too much as it came as a letter. Don't remember exactly though.

Anyway, what I meant to say was that you might wanna search SC for user reviews.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "filcee"
Presumably, as they are attached to the David's bars, which are not a seatbelt mounting point, you also have to have the inertia belt on at the same time?

no, that would be ridiculous, i've had the bars welded up properly and changed the vertical mounting bolts for tolerence fit ones. Yes the bar is not an OEM mounting point but its definatly strong enough now. I did look into getting  a sparco harness bar but this is pretty much identical in design. The lapstrap section bolts into the OEM seat and lapstrap bolt down points anyway.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

I've been using a CG-Lock for nearly two years now, great product. I can't remember how much they were when I diod the GB but I'm sure they were a lot less than £40. I even gave some away!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I *ahem* 'borrowed' *ahem* Sean's for the trackday at Elvington, first of all just to try it, but then it was so good I ended up keeping it for the whole day!  s:D :D s:D   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Bongo

I got a free one, it is a good project.

Mine went missing all day at Elvington too   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

mrsmr2

Quote from: "roger"My seats don't have a hole in them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Have you changed the seats?

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "mrsmr2"
Quote from: "roger"My seats don't have a hole in them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Have you changed the seats?

Jason

Due to cost cutting at Toyota, post '03 seats were made with a hole to save on materials.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Simon

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "ninjinski"Dont know if any of you guys calling into DT's on the way to Angelsey want to check them out, it may make a difference on the twisty circuit there.

no thanx  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

And no thanks to your set up either. Roll over while strapped hard into a set with no REAL roll bars = dead.

The CG lock is a great device. Holds you firm to the seat and you can still duck if she rolls.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "barkingspyder"And no thanks to your set up either. Roll over while strapped hard into a set with no REAL roll bars = dead.

The CG lock is a great device. Holds you firm to the seat and you can still duck if she rolls.

did consider that before buying, but i dont beleive for a second that you'd have time or the ability whilst being thrown about to duck, i'd rather take my chances. Plus remember the pretentioners, could you duck even when they've fired????? i doubt it, and so this becomes a pointless point
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "barkingspyder"And no thanks to your set up either. Roll over while strapped hard into a set with no REAL roll bars = dead.

did consider that before buying, but i dont beleive for a second that you'd have time or the ability whilst being thrown about to duck, i'd rather take my chances. Plus remember the pretentioners, could you duck even when they've fired????? i doubt it, and so this becomes a pointless point
I have the same gut feeling on this one; just hope the chances of ever rolling a 2 are extremely remote  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: