CG lock

Started by ninjinski, March 9, 2006, 15:19

Tem

Even if your brain told you to duck, that might not be the easiest thing in a car that's actually rolling around. There are quite a strong forces in play...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

As a lad I had the pleasure of being in a Camaro that rolled, had time to duck in that one. Never thought about the belt tensioners though....

kentsmudger

Just to resurrect this old topic - If anyone is thinking of getting one they can be had for the reduced price of £35 inc VAT and P&P from Car Limits - Cheaper than the CG Lock site
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

uktotty

Didnt we have a group buy on these a while back?

kanujunkie

yes but that was sometime ago now
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kentsmudger

The GB was for a £10 discount too, so the same price as Carlimits more-or-less
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

ChrisGB

I use one of these and find it extremely good. It helps immensely with the feel and feedback you get from the car.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Chris

I've got one as well, but need to refit it as mr t took it off when my car was in for it's last repair...

Very good device overall, and it will be interesting to do anglesey with/withou it just to get a real comparison...

My only complaint really is that the plastic panel behind where the seat belt hangs is getting a bit scratched now with the metal cg lock catching it all the time...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Chris"I've got one as well, but need to refit it as mr t took it off when my car was in for it's last repair...

Very good device overall, and it will be interesting to do anglesey with/withou it just to get a real comparison...

My only complaint really is that the plastic panel behind where the seat belt hangs is getting a bit scratched now with the metal cg lock catching it all the time...

From something I read on the CG Lock website,they are looking at making a lighter weight version with smooth / soft surfaces to address these issues.

I shal be using mine on a Car Limits handling day next week.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

kentsmudger

Fitted my CG-Lock today, and even on a sedate ride to work in the wet, I have to say I'm impressed -

As has been said already, they hold you firmly and comfortably in the seat, but I was amazed at the improved feel and feedback from the car - Feels like you are bolted to the structure, every little dip and wiggle comes through your body, and you can make it as firm as you want just by pulling up more slack or letting it out a little.

kentsmudger recommended! (tm)

aaronjb

I think I must be the only person who didn't like the CG-Lock  s:( :( s:(

They really don't work for fat people..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: