190bhp vvtl-i celica transplant into mrs

Started by Anonymous, March 22, 2006, 19:24

Anonymous

hi guys can any 1 help/tell/direct me to any 1that has done this b4?? my mr-s aint well and i have been advised too look for a new engine as it will b cheeper in the long run. can any1 tell me if the original ecu would run the vvtl engine or if i got greddy e-manage would this allow the original ecu to run the engine? im fiding it hard to get a hold of 1 in th uk. its a straight ova swap engine wise? do i need to change the loom just need to find out this for sure b4 i go wasting money on something that aint going to work any inpute would help guys thankx
oh and a big up to mark @ the garage located in wishaw neer glasgow he's a tip top bloke!

also can you tell me has any 1 had problems with exesive oil use? my car is going in for a re-build i think the piston rings are gone as it is smoking aswell the cars only done 40k miles!!!!  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"hi guys can any 1 help/tell/direct me to any 1that has done this b4?? my mr-s aint well and i have been advised too look for a new engine as it will b cheeper in the long run. can any1 tell me if the original ecu would run the vvtl engine or if i got greddy e-manage would this allow the original ecu to run the engine? I'm fiding it hard to get a hold of 1 in th uk. its a straight ova swap engine wise? do i need to change the loom just need to find out this for sure b4 i go wasting money on something that aint going to work any inpute would help guys thankx
oh and a big up to mark @ the garage located in wishaw neer glasgow he's a tip top bloke!

also can you tell me has any 1 had problems with exesive oil use? my car is going in for a re-build i think the piston rings are gone as it is smoking aswell the cars only done 40k miles!!!!  s:( :( s:(

Just look 17 post down from your post - 190 celica thread.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

gd man supose i realy aut to read b4 i post  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"gd man supose i realy aut to read b4 i post  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

It's a common problem  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

i have read that thread it dosent realy answer any of my questions to be honest about the ecu and that  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Ernie Ball

do a search on 2zz

markiii

theres loads on this if you search,

however I'll make you a deal, if you stop the text talk I'll give you the answers

1. For lots of info look for a 22zz swap thread started by LeeUK
2. If your going to run the 2zzge (190bhp) engine then you will need the 2zz celica ecu or a complete standalone such as teh 2zzversion of the Apexi PFC
3. Wiring loom wise you use the roadster loom, but it will need modifying. The celica loom is too short to fit.
4. You will need a custom manifold, custom dipstick, 1 custom engine mount.

It has been done loads of times in the US but there is only 1 2zz swap in teh UK that  I know of and that is JapGT300 (Adam).

you might also want to consider swappingin teh 6 speed box as teh 5 speed ratios aren't great with teh 2zz
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"i have read that thread it dosent realy answer any of my questions to be honest about the ecu and that  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

It might be best to post your question in that thread, it keeps it all together. Then one of the mods can delete this thread.

To late  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"also can you tell me has any 1 had problems with exesive oil use? my car is going in for a re-build i think the piston rings are gone as it is smoking aswell the cars only done 40k miles!!!!  s:( :( s:(

Happened to me twice so far...

loadswine

Mine uses oil - 1 litre every 1000 miles or so, but it seems quite a happy engine, smooth and quiet and pulls all the way to the rev limiter. One thing, I never use a lot of revs until the engine has warmed up. Oh, and my precats are gutted.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: