Wheel Sizes??

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2006, 22:43

Anonymous

Hi folks,

Just picked up my 04 MR2 Roadster today, desperate for bigger wheels...

Its standard suspension and was wondering what size of wheels would fit?

Do you replace with a set that has bigger rear wheels or all 4 the same?

Also! looking at a new exhaust too!! what do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help..

Ps the missus made me trade in my 04 astra gsi turbo for this some i'm allowed a few "toys" for it..

Anonymous

Bigger wheels will kill the feeling of the car, and tear shreds out of the performance too. Stick with the 15"/16" f/r you've got on now for the best handling, and perhaps put some Neovo tyres on if you want the ultimate in grip. Also consider the TTE springs as well as a 'must have' mod.

That said, if you really want bigger wheels as a purely cosmetic thing then the biggest you can realistically go is 17" all round. If you have a search for the various things I've mentioned on this site then you'll find heaps of info at your fingertips.

Oh, and welcome to the club!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"Bigger wheels will kill the feeling of the car, and tear shreds out of the performance too..........

Dan, Is that really the case????  s:( :( s:(  
I'm thinking of changing to the SP12 wheels/tyre package (front 205/40/17 and rear 215/40/17) but do not want to spoil my TTE fun/performance. There was even talk of the rears being 245/35/17 (subject to SP trials) which appealled to me.
However I do not want to jeopardise my performance in anyway whatsoever and effect the handling by too much just for cosmetic reasons.
David

Anonymous

Thanks for your helps guy's, we're looking at wheels today so i'll bear all that in mind, dont' want to lose performance or handling!!

red_leicester

Quote from: "charvaisse"Ps the missus made me trade in my 04 astra gsi turbo for this some i'm allowed a few "toys" for it..

You say that like it's a bad thing !
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

Get it lowered with the TTE springs - it will make the stock wheels look relatively bigger, seriously - I've done it myself  s:) :) s:)  Do a search on lowering springs, there's a thread with before and after pics.

Tem

About the performance issue. When I changed from 195/50/15 and 205/50/15 S03's to 205/50/15 and 225/50/15 S03's, keeping the stock wheels, my first reaction was that there's something wrong with the car as it wouldn't accelerate normally. It was a huge difference.  s:? :? s:?

Turbo might make it less noticeable though, but it's still there.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Don't forget though, the BIG advantage with the SP wheel packages is that the rims themselves are featherweight to negate the size. Should be the nuts when released IMO.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

light yes, but I wouldn'y say feather weight, plus you have to account for the loss of feedback due to smaller sidewalls

have a read of this first

m http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index. ... ticleid=12 m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "red_leicester"
Quote from: "charvaisse"Ps the missus made me trade in my 04 astra gsi turbo for this some i'm allowed a few "toys" for it..

You say that like it's a bad thing !

I suppose i thought it was a bad thing to start with, but after a day of driving i've changed my mind!!

AND i still get toy's!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey".........Should be the nuts when released IMO.

Yesterday they were listed as an option on the SP website and today they are no longer listed????

Tags: