Oil and Petrol

Started by Anonymous, May 25, 2006, 15:40

Anonymous

Hi all,

forgive my ignorance, i really am a complete novice when it comes to these things.  I have never owned a car like a MR2 before and was looking for some advice.  I have used the search facility, but sometimes I end up wit more Qs than As!!

Its just re: what oil I shold put in the car.  When I brought it privately, I asked the guy and he just said he only had oil put in at the service.  It has got a FSH.  But i had a look at the dipstick and its gettin a bit low, so I thought Id ask what should I be using??

And is it just a case of getting some and topping it up?

And just a quick Q re: the petrol. I have upto now just used simple bog standard unleaded.  Is there something to be gain from using the higher grade stuff.  And again, can I just pop to the garage and top her up, or do I need to drain the tank??!!

Again, sorry if this sounds like Im stupid, Im not, just car wise I am.

Any help most appreciated.
  s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

as far as the oil goes Mr.T says you can use 5w-30, 10w30, 15w40 or 20w50 dependant on the temp range your in (see page 261 of the owners manual) personally i'd go with a decsent oil like mobil 1 15w50, available from Halfrauds

when it comes to the fuel, super will give you a better performance and no you dont need to flush the tank out, just fill her up with whatever you feel like at the time, but it is best to fill up from empty when changeing over
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for that...good stuff.

Anonymous

More than you will ever need to know here:                                        m http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi m

Tags: