turbo mpg

Started by dlivingstone_19, July 27, 2006, 14:50

dlivingstone_19

what sort of mpgs are people getting from their mr2 with turbos fitted?
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

SteveJ

20.5 & 21.1 on the first 2 tanks   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Bring on global warming  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

spit

About the same as before, but I've mapped on the lean side with emphasis on motorway cruising speeds, and only clog it when no-one is looking.

Depends so much on tune, boost and how you drive it.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

better than N/a

used to get 225 per tank

now 250
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Worst I had so far with TTET is 33mpg  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   but normally average around 35-36mpg

mg

Between 27 and 33 mpg so far.
[size=67]2005 Silver | Red Heated Leather | TTE Turbo | TTE exhaust | TTE Lowered Springs | TRD FSB | B&M Short Shift | David\'s Style Bars | Bama Tall Deflector | Red Calipers[/size]

kanujunkie

not worked it out but i'm getting around 220Miles to the tank, was getting 240 before
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I used to get 280 NA, was lucky to get 200 post-turbo.

Gazz

About 250 per tank.
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

Two's Company

Quote from: "Gazz"About 250 per tank.

Wow and I've seen the way you drive!

kanujunkie

the ironic thing i've found is the fuel used is at its worst when on tickover sat still, it absolutely drinks the stuff, , think a tweek of the fuel map may be required  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Backing off the airflow values in the upper left corner of the map will sort this out Stu. They're already negative but they'll cope with quite a bit more.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

The more precise tuning, especially if done directly on your car, should deliver the capability for better miles per gallon, if driven in a similar manor to N/A.  This must be balanced against the fact that it feels so much better when you mash the pedal, you find yourself looking for more occaisions to do it.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "shiftless"if driven in a similar manor to N/A.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Like thats going to happen  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "shiftless"if driven in a similar manor to N/A.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Like thats going to happen  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
When stuck on the M1 roadworks  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

BenF

I'm still seeing 35-36mpg on a 30 mile commute to and from work along dual carridgeways. That does drop a fair bit if I take the 'long' way home and enjoy some backroads.

I was quite suprised that after turbo'ing there wasn't a larger mpg penalty - but at a steady cruise, the turbo isn't really restricting anything and 'costing' power - the engine's compression ratio remains unchanged too.

On track, this plummets as you'd expect - 10-15mpg is normal, depending on how hard I'm driving.
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

Tags: