power fc

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2006, 18:47

Anonymous

is it worth it?
I spotted a power fc with commander on ebay for the '2 for 590 euro.
I had planned on getting a knock meter for the car anyway and when I went to the apexi site it said that the fc gives a knock reading. Obviously this isn't the only reason I'm going for it but it is a bonus.
I'm already planning on the next stage of the rotrex sc evolution. Because I'm relying on the mf2 for fueling and as such I have no aftermarket ecu I am limited in my adjustability. So if I decide to go with a smaller pulley or bigger impeller on the sc I won't be able to retard ignition should knocking become an issue.
I'm assuming those of you running C2 turbos or similar are running some level of ignition retard because of your higher boost levels.
I'm only running 0.5 bar so if i start heading towards 10 or 12 psi I'm thinking it would be nice to have the power fc.

opinions please!!!

Also is the pfc pnp or would I have to get a boomslang harness or the like?

Anonymous

The Power FC is the cream of ECU's unless you start spending mega bucks on the likes of  Motech

The PFC will always have the potential to out perform the piggy back types such as an E-Manage.

i had a PFC on my GT-Four and if my present turbo kit hadnt included a pre-mapped E-Manage i would have gone PFC again.  PFC is generally plug and play if you buy the correct one for your car, unless this has changed since I had one.

the MF2 was a strange choice as a few of us said at the time, but it kept the costs down in comparrison with a piggyback or replacement ECU, and the kit was expensive enough as it was.

as you rightfully said, you will need to move on in regards to engine management if you want to gain more from your existing set up.

On your last point, not all maps play with the timing and some depend wholly on fueling, but generally a mix of the two appears to be the favoured method.

P   s:) :) s:)

spit

Go for it Kaiser  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "kaiser"I'm assuming those of you running C2 turbos or similar are running some level of ignition retard because of your higher boost levels.

C2 in stock form doesn't - its just EM airflow and injector trim. Gaspar is adamant that it isn't required at moderate boost levels on his mapping - the stock ECU knock adjust is quite flexible in conjunction with appropriate attention to fuelling. I've had no issues at higher boost levels either.

Those who've been pro-mapped have gone on to add IGN control and MAP to replace the MAF signal: this game is all about good mapping, so its useful to have the options - and someone who knows how to (safely) get the most out of the setup  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

the tts sc setup has a map sensor the mf2 uses that and rpm to regulate fueling.Very simple to use I've been fiddling already and its so simple its brilliant.all you need is a philips screwdriver, afr meter and a straight stretch of road.
Well I'll get the pfc now anyway,always handy and I do plan on going for more power.

Tags: