rear difuser

Started by Anonymous, January 16, 2007, 21:53

aaronjb

I can't see why you haven't had their Stage 3 kit yet Dan - a whole 70bhp for a mere £7000  s;) ;) s;)

Anyway - less Vauxhall and more MR2 please  s:P :P s:P
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting the lip part off the bumper and making a mould from it.

loadswine

I am about to order one of the TRC rear bumpers if you need any more details matey.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

good man Nige!  thats going to suit your trial kit just right!  s:) :) s:)

theres a group buy on the TRC over on spyderchat at the mo, dont know if it would save you anythnig or not tho being US based?

loadswine

There are a couple of distributors in the UK, plus I was going to email TRC direct to seee what sort of a deal I could get. I am not sure whether going with a group buy in the US will make it too complicated, but I'll have a look on SC.
I was thinking of cutting out the panel with the pre 03 style slatting and inserting the 03 items from my own bumper.

Anonymous

should look good matey   s:) :) s:)   any probs just bring it over to mine and we'll sort it   s;) ;) s;)

loadswine

Thanks man, appreciate that. I'll make a start by dismantling as much as i can for all the bits that are going to need spraying on my car next week. The side skirts will be a bit of an experiment as I don't know if they are bonded or stuck on with the 3m style tape. If they don't come off without a fight, then the whole car will have to go to the spray shop.

Anonymous

as we were saying at mine, the trial kit sides come with 3M, and from what I remember it looked like they had used that.  (fingers crossed)

rtbiscuit

i'm liking some of these ideas, to the point that i almst want one.

not sure on my time costraints at the mo, so have messaged a new friend of mine, waiting for a reply, but he may be able to supply you with your every needs.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

northernalex

yeah if someone could fab a replacement nappy with a diffuser like that in the trial kit it would make a mint!!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

I've seen a diffuser on one of the Malaysia's MR-S. I'll see if I can take a photo or two.

On another thought, would it be possible just to create an independant diffuser that will bolt up with all other bumpers perhaps? It's a long shot but might as well throw in the idea?

Anonymous

I'd be really intrested in this if it happens

rtbiscuit

have spoken to the man with the plan, and believe he will post on here at some point.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Tags: