Workshop Manual?

Started by keith macdonald, January 23, 2007, 22:11

keith macdonald

I am a new member and mr2 owner, so bear with me.
I am a retired mechanic, kit car builder, motorcyclist engine tuner.
I want to undertake all maintenance and most repairs on my mr2
roadster, but ideally need a WORKSHOP MANUAL.
I assume Toyota mechanics refer to one  s:o :o s:o   .
Could anyone advise a source for one, [in English] or other material
that could be a usefull reference.
If This is old hat, forgive me.  Keith  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Silver 05 Mr2 de catted. 2cv Trike, Jaguar S Type, Harley Davidson, With a king prawn vindaloo.

Anonymous

Well there is no Haynes or equivalent I'm afraid.
I believe Stu (Kanujunkie) can get his hands on/or has a large number of Toyota technical service bulletins, manuals etc.

May be worth asking him.
simon

spit

Hi Keith,

Much of the routine servicing and maintenance info that you need (even down to things like bolt specs and torque settings) is around on these pages.

Like you, I'm hankering for a Haynes Manual but have to say that - even as a complete numptie when it comes to mechanics - I've never had to go much further than the ROC for support and info. And owning an import I've kept the beastie going for four years without having to trouble MrT  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So I'm sure someone with your background will have no problems .... and perhaps be a useful resource for other members by bringing your experience to these pages.

For starters, have a look in the Technical Library - lots of routine stuff in there. Anything beyond this that you can't find with a search, just ask.

Oh, and feel free to tell us about your kitcar history in Chit-Chat .... we love stuff like that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

keith macdonald

Thanks Simon and Ste, information much apprecieted,
will also write to chit chat on kit car topics.
Keith  s:D :D s:D
Silver 05 Mr2 de catted. 2cv Trike, Jaguar S Type, Harley Davidson, With a king prawn vindaloo.

celmacmat

Keith,

The MR2 Drivers' Club sell both the Engine and Body & Chassis Manual for the Roadster.

check  w www.mr2dc.com w
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

kanujunkie

Keiths sorted  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Manuals cost too much.

Either get a 24hr pass for €16, and copy the online manual into your hard disk. Or beg someone who's already done so to give you a copy.

Some bloke had mentioned previously about an online site in the states. But it would only take payment from a US credit card. See this alternative site based in UK. They take any credit card payment.

Toyota Publication UK

Anonymous

Hi Keith,

Slight topic drift here sorry  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  but I just wanted to say welcome to the club from a fellow ex kit car builder, 4 Westfields and 1 Fisher Fury to my name! We're local to each other too as I'm only down the road in Kenilworth.

Hope you're enjoying your 2  s:D :D s:D  

Steve.

Tags: