Morning!! Are there any cheapish mods to improve performance

Started by Anonymous, May 9, 2007, 06:57

Anonymous

Hi folks,
just a thought,
Are there any cheap mods to get a little more power from my 2004 MK3 MR2?
Much appreciated in advance!!  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

depends what you mean by cheap, give a figure?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

peppyuk

If you want value for money this is hard to beat.

m http://www.c2power.com/node/312 m

3,590.00 EUR = 2,443.88 GBP
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

northernalex

Other is a unichip with pnp harness.. you're looking at around £400 ish for a second hand one. Quite often come up for sale already mapped for stock.  

Other very very cheapy mod is to get a £7.99 air inlet duct from halfords, some jubilee clips from B+Q and replace the restrictive elbow that goes t your airbox.

I might actually buy a few of these and sell them on ebay as a kit? hmmm  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

trebor

... or even cheaper - remove the restrictive piece altogether!
2003 SMT. Astral Black de-badged except for Likwid Art rear badge, JDM front badge. JDM wheel caps, JDM steering wheel badge, JDM style side repeaters. mongos. TTE lowering springs

edward.carter

Quote from: "trebor"... or even cheaper - remove the restrictive piece altogether!
removing it isnt a performance mod its a nice noise mod lol changinging the pipe for a markiii or similar is a performance mod  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Clean your MAF sensor - £5
Deristrict your air intake + panel filter - £100
Performance manifold - £150 to £800
Performance exhaust - £250ish to £800

Unichip, Apexi, emanagae chips etc - around £500.

I've spent around £1000 on the above and on a good dyno can just touch 150bhp - (well 149.5bhp) and 133 ib torque.

Enough to make a difference.

Other than that Turbo is the only way to get serious power without taking the engine apart.

spit

Quote from: "simonp"Other than that Turbo is the only way to get serious power without taking the engine apart.
And we also have the SC option and ITBs on the horizon.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

*[Mod]Welcome to the ROC jam1e. I'm moving this post into the Performance section as it isn't really a M,P&T issue. While you're in this section, have a read through the other threads - that'll give you some ideas of options, costs, upsides/downsides etc., and if you have any specific questions just tack them onto the appropriate thread via the "Reply" button - Ste [/Mod]*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: