Re-trimmed seats

Started by chalced, October 22, 2007, 08:53

chalced

Had my seats re-trimmed by LSC interiors at the weekend....

10 AM Stu turns up in his van and we take out the seats...off he goes to start the re-trim. I use the time to hoover out all the bits of the car that I have never been able to get to , then take the 'other alf' shoppin down town

4 PM Stu turns up in the van again with the seats ready to be put back in (thats fast work!)

Easy job to put them back in...Only took 10 mins!

Just waiting for the gear gator to be done now which should be ready later this week.....

T17LUN

Very Nice Mate, a good choice of colours   s:D :D s:D

markiii

hate to say that looks like one of teh worst retrims oI've seen

look at all teh wrinkles and saggy bits

looks more like a set of pull on covers than a quality retrim  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

still as long as your happy with it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"hate to say that looks like one of the worst retrims oI've seen

look at all the wrinkles and saggy bits

looks more like a set of pull on covers than a quality retrim  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

still as long as your happy with it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Charming!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Everyone has their own opinion...good & bad feedback welcomed it just helps to make us better!

I think saying its the worst retrim you have ever seen is a bit harsh mind.....

roger

Presumably they are pictures of the same set so may be a bit of pushin' & shovin' will get the wrinkles out.

As I understand it the softer the leather the more prevalent is movement/twisting/wrinkling. Not like the hard cardboard type offerings you used to get in Jags et al a few years ago!!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Presumably they are pictures of the same set so may be a bit of pushin' & shovin' will get the wrinkles out.

As I understand it the softer the leather the more prevalent is movement/twisting/wrinkling. Not like the hard cardboard type offerings you used to get in Jags et al a few years ago!!

yes they are pictures of the same set...no photoshopping or touch-ups...just showing the products as they are!

i would post the red alcantara pictures but I dontthink its fair as the guy hasnt picked them up yet!

spit

Stuart. Looking forward to seeing the red.

Apologies for the question bombard: What exactly is "macro-suede"?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  And how does it differ from Alcantara? And how does it stand up to wear and sun-fading (a big issue for us topless cars)?

And is it easily cleaned?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Stuart. Looking forward to seeing the red.

Apologies for the question bombard: What exactly is "macro-suede"?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  And how does it differ from Alcantara? And how does it stand up to wear and sun-fading (a big issue for us topless cars)?

And is it easily cleaned?

Hi mate, no problem all questions answered!

Macrosuede is a new product we have found as an alternative to Alcantara.

The colours are a lot bolder than alcantara ie the Black is BLACK...whereas Alcantara Black is quite faded.

The Marine Blue used above...to be honest is as close to Alcantara as anything I have ever seen!

It is tested to 40,000 rubs, whereas Alcantara is tested to 30,000, so it should be harder wearing.

Ill track down the full specs for you to look at...

aaronjb

Quote from: "neo"It is tested to 40,000 rubs

Now that just sounds... rude  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sorry, bad mod, back on topic Aaron  s:) :) s:)

I think the blue looks rather nice actually.. fortunately I can't afford it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quotei would post the red alcantara pictures but I dontthink its fair as the guy hasnt picked them up yet!

Wont be long now!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   See you on Wednesday Stu around lunchtime.
No problem with posting pics on here. It will give me something to look forward to.  I have taken some before shots so I can post before and after shots  s8) 8) s8)  

I have the seats and door cards out and ready to go.

alancdavis

Is that a bit of wood trim I note on the doors,,,,,by the way ,the colour looks good with the car.
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ferret"
Quotei would post the red alcantara pictures but I dontthink its fair as the guy hasnt picked them up yet!

Wont be long now!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   See you on Wednesday Stu around lunchtime.
No problem with posting pics on here.

well if your sure you dont mind heres a little promo pic to wet your appetite!

aaronjb

Ooh that's a nice red!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

alancdavis

Yes very nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,price just out of interest ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

loadswine

Cool. Liking that. It looks a nice fit in the picture, and a superb shade of red.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"Yes very nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,price just out of interest ?

for the next 2 Roadsters the price is £335, after that it reverts to the normal £375

thanks for the comments guys  s:D :D s:D

Mad Bob

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  They are nice... A quickie though, do you have any companies that could do embroiding in the headrest section before you cover them.

Only because the MR2 is embossed in the standard seats, so rather than have nothing after they had been recovered, I was thinking it would be nice to have the JSpec logo embroided in or something.
Converse Boot!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mad Bob":shock: They are nice... A quickie though, do you have any companies that could do embroiding in the headrest section before you cover them.

Only because the MR2 is embossed in the standard seats, so rather than have nothing after they had been recovered, I was thinking it would be nice to have the JSpec logo embroided in or something.

Got to be careful with copyrighting on logos...

I would like to get an embossing tool made of our logo but didnt know if people would want it in the seats or not!

Embroidery is something I can get done but its about £50 a seat...not cheap at all!

Mad Bob

I can see your point, I'm sure that a small label (like on Levi's Jeans) with your logo on would be fine with everyone.

As for the copyright on the JSpec logo or with the MR2 text, I wouldn't have a clue, but none of the "MR2, MR-S, JSpec" logos I have seen that are genuine have a © on them.
Converse Boot!

spit

Stuart. Any more word on the fade-resistance of this micro-suede?

I've done the briefest of searches on't'internet and found out very little ... apart from a guy in sunny North Carolina who has faded within a month of install  s:? :? s:?  (Tail end of his thread here).

Of course we don't believe everything on the internet  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  but I guess this is one of the factors that'll swing it for us soft-top folk.

*[Mod] I think its sensible to lock the other thread on this topic before we get too disjointed.[/Mod]*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Hi this is what the spec says on Macro-Suede

Macrosuede  
- Heavy commercial abrasion standard
- Heavy commercial colour fastness
- Fire Hazard Properties AS 1530.3. Test results available upon request.
- Woven suede in 55 colours
- Composition 100% Polyester Microfibre, stain resistant finish

plenty of colours to choose from too!

Anonymous

Picked up the seats today and they really do look as good as the picture, if not better.   s:D :D s:D   The red is a really nice colour and they look superb in the car.    s8) 8) s8)   The red stitching is just right and sets the seats off really nicely. The leather is soft with a quality feel. I only got back just in time to fit them in before the light went so will put up some pics tomorrow.

I also picked up the door cards and they also look superb with the red alcantara and leather arm rests.  s:D :D s:D  

Only one problem, the door cards I picked up didn't have the holes for the tweeters. Shouldn't be to much of a problem as the holes are pre marked.

I also saw the Macro-Suede in blue while I was there and have to say they looked very, very good.  The felt just like the alcantara and if anything a bit better.  I don't think anyone could tell the difference!

Really pleased overall and glad I went for them, even though I had to drive a 450 mile round trip  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ferret"Picked up the seats today and they really do look as good as the picture, if not better.   s:D :D s:D   The red is a really nice colour and they look superb in the car.    s8) 8) s8)   The red stitching is just right and sets the seats off really nicely. The leather is soft with a quality feel. I only got back just in time to fit them in before the light went so will put up some pics tomorrow.

I also picked up the door cards and they also look superb with the red alcantara and leather arm rests.  s:D :D s:D  

Only one problem, the door cards I picked up didn't have the holes for the tweeters. Shouldn't be to much of a problem as the holes are pre marked.

I also saw the Macro-Suede in blue while I was there and have to say they looked very, very good.  The felt just like the alcantara and if anything a bit better.  I don't think anyone could tell the difference!

Really pleased overall and glad I went for them, even though I had to drive a 450 mile round trip  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Nice meeting you mate glad the seats are to your liking!  s:D :D s:D

Mad Bob

Ferret do you have pics of them after, I like the red and black look, cant afford them atm. Just wondered about the leather arm rests... do they also have a red stitching across the edge of the rest (sort of across the middle), so it matched the seats, or is it plain?.
Converse Boot!

Tags: