Who has been caught out

Started by Anonymous, November 5, 2007, 21:45

Anonymous

quick question afetr pete pointed this out but who all has been caught out in the mr2 in the rain? or just lost control

Anonymous

Search and ye shall find.

There are lots of posts on this but this is the one I started.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14256&highlight=

Anonymous

I've been caught out. I only had my roadster 6months ,and one morning on a road i've driven on hundreds of times to work, i span it coming off of a roundabout and hit a lampost. Luckily for me I was only doing 30mph at the time but unlucky for the car it was a right off.

If I could say one thing for a new driver it is 'take notice of advice that the more experienced people on this board have to say' honestly I think my accident was because i had 2 makes of tyres on the car front/back, but me being me I thought it would be ok for now...

Don't let anyone or any stories put you off the MR2 though because it really is a superb little car if you treat it correctly.

And I'm determined to get another 2 BTW.    s:D :D s:D  

Take care and enjoy.

Jaik

I've only had mine a couple of weeks but gave it a quick prod round a wet, open, pedestrian and traffic free roundabout last week. I managed to catch it when the back end went, but seriously doubt I would have if I wasn't expecting it. Compared to my previous car it gives you just as much warning before it lets go, but the back end slides much faster when it does.

I'll be on track with it weekend after next so that should give me more of a feel for the handling.

I'd say if you're nervous at all then get yourself on a car control course. Just a few hours with a good instructor should make a huge difference to your ability to control a slide should it happen. It's not about becoming a drifting God, but it could be the difference between hurting your car/self and just hurting your pride if you do over-do it with the fun pedal.

Plus it's transferable to every car you'll drive unlike mods  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: