Help I killed it!!

Started by uktotty, March 8, 2008, 15:59

uktotty

Well I fitted my short shifter today (yes Liz it was quite simple thanks)
Now I have a slight problem where my car wont start.
It turns over and over and over, until I killed the battery.

Only slight problem is the LED on the Unichip lead is OFF. Have tried both positions and tried turning the Unichip on and off.
Car will not go, so its fuel or electric, my guess is the ECU.

Anyone got any idea what I can do next?

Jaik

Check all the fuses if you've not already, only takes a few minutes and it's a simple fix.

uktotty

Should I remove all the fuses or is there one that controls the ignition?

Jaik

I don't know enough to say exactly which ones need checking. Each fuse box (engine bay, under the bonnet and the passenger-end of the dash) has a labelled diagram on the inside of its cover. I'd just ignore the obvious ones (radio, headlights, washers etc) and check all the others.

Start with the ones in the engine bay  s:) :) s:)

SteveJ

First thing I would be doing is removing the Unichip - I assume you have the PnP harness - if so, simply plug the standard wiring loom connectors straight into the ECU.

If the car starts then the Unichip is goosed. If it doesnt then start diagnosing other things.

Wabbitkilla

Take out and check the IGN2 fuse from the engine bay fuse box, it's 15A. There should be an extractor in the box, and there should be three spare fuses in the frunk fuse box, one of them is 15A.

Good luck mate.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Cheers Nick,
Car has been laid up for a week awating the install of the short shifter.
Worked fine then today nothing.
Hope its as simple as a fuse.
Any idea why the Unichip is not showing anything?

markiii

Quote from: "SteveJ"First thing I would be doing is removing the Unichip - I assume you have the PnP harness - if so, simply plug the standard wiring loom connectors straight into the ECU.

If the car starts then the Unichip is goosed. If it doesnt then start diagnosing other things.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

The light on the Unichip is a map selection light NOT whether it's on or not.

Just unplug it Russ and put the ecu back as it was to see if the car starts, even if it does mean you have to take your sub out again!

Simon

uktotty

Getting it out was not a problem Si as Roger will tell you getting it back IN was the issue!

carl_evs

Like all have said - try it without the chip - doubt if it is  but it is an easy check!! After that it gets more complicated !!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

uktotty

10 points to Wabbit for correctly guessing the IGN Fuse!
Replaced it today and away we go.
Still not sure the Unichip is working however!

Wabbitkilla

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

That's the one that caught me out recently   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Easy fix, it only took me two weeks - yay for Russ  s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

spit

Quote from: "uktotty"Still not sure the Unichip is working however!

If its plugged in and the car starts and you have no CELs I suspect its working fine Russ. IIRC the Unichip isn't just Tee'd into the ECU loom - some of the crucial feeds to make you go vroom are in series via the Unichip.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

uktotty

Not managed to elimiate the P0141 yet as we didnt get time to install the resistor yesterday, what with short shifters, TTE boomerangs and no car starting!
Pretty sure I dont have any CELs other than that Ste.

Tags: