Spring clean... so what do i use?

Started by Wabbitkilla, March 19, 2008, 12:19

enid_b

forgot to mention, it does not mark the plastics (on other cars with black bumpers etc) or the rubbers round the window.

no smearing (why i hate merr, autoglym, etc) and you can do the 2 in about 30 minutes.

I love it

mmmm, now where's that commission voucher i had............

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

For some good hints for cleaning are beloved MR2 check out

w www.detailingworld.co.uk w

Loads on there, with tips on different products

hope this helps   s:) :) s:)

Two's Company

Nic

As with most things in life it depends how much you want to spend.  With detailing it can get very expensive if you're into it as both Roger and I can testify.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Nattys stuff is ok (Ste and I used Nattys Blue when we undertook the big clean on his car before JAE).

I personally prefer the depth of shine of Swissvax (formerly Swissol).  I'm planning on buying Swissvax Best of Show once the pot of Saphire is out.  It is expensive but a pot of it has lasted 4 years so the costs even out.

Don't be tempted to spare the lubricant when claying as you're more likely to scratch the car.  It also works better in the warmer weather.

You're paint is in pretty good condition (should be for a garage queen   s:D :D s:D  ) so I wouldn't worry about the polish too much.  

HTH

Steve

Anonymous

I have tried a number of difference waxes over the years with varying results

In my experience the most expensive is not always the best, I have bought some products from these guys recently  m http://www.dodojuice.com/index.html m  and they have all been outstanding and very good value to boot.

The 'purple haze' product is fantastic for darker colours and gives a seriously deep shine....try it - you won't be disapointed!

Wabbitkilla

Right, i got great results after 4 hours on Saturday, then a quick going over again on Sunday;

Saturday;
1. Spray down with clean water
2. Washed down with Autoglim wash i already had, warm water, microfibre mop glove.
3. Rinsed off with clean water.
4. Dried off with microfibre cloth
5. Meguiars paint cleaner applied to rear end of car liberally and cleaned off as per destructions.
6. Poorboys polish which has a light cutting action, paint all nice and clean now.
7. Apply coat of Natty's red carnuba wax, this stuff smells of strawberries   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
8. Buffed up.
9. 2nd coat of Natty's red applied and left
10. repeat of 1-9 on the front half of the car.
11. Buffed off the whole car.
12. Stand back and WoW - then it started to pittle down a bit.

Sunday;
1. Spray down with clean water
2. Washed down with Autoglim wash i already had, warm water, microfibre mop glove.
3. Rinsed off with clean water.
4. Dried off with microfibre cloth
5. Liberal coating of Natty's red over the whole car
6. Buffed off the whole car and she it literally glowing red.
7. Meguiars Vynil and Rubber protectorant applied to the hood.
8. Simoniz back to black applied to the tyres.
9. Meguiars V&R protectorant applied to all black plastics.
10. All glass cleaned with Mer glass cleaner (already had it)

So i've also got some Meguiars quick detailer for use between waxing sessions. How do you use it really? Wash the car then go around it with this stuff or what?

It's been a bit of hard work, but got easier as paint condition and colour improved. Definitely worth the effort though, a real rewarding experience.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: