Intake manifold modifications

Started by Anonymous, April 22, 2008, 12:29

shnazzle

The power of the search feature;

I was just thinking if any high-end gains could be made on the 1zz by porting the intake ports. I know people have ported the throttle body but to me it always seemed a bit wasted if the intake wasn't accommodating of this extra flow.

From this topic it seems like the entire exercise is a bit pointless and possibly detrimental.

The only thinking that remains is whether I can port the intake and throttle body and adjust my tune a bit on the emanage.
The only prob is....do I really want to give up even more low down torque?
...neutiquam erro.

Essex2Visuvesi

In all seriousness tho, I guess it will depend on what you want.... like most other tuning, what gain in one area you will loose in another.  I's just down to wether the gains outweigh the losses

The Other Stu

No Longer Here

Anonymous

Quote from: "shnazzle"The power of the search feature;

I was just thinking if any high-end gains could be made on the 1zz by porting the intake ports. I know people have ported the throttle body but to me it always seemed a bit wasted if the intake wasn't accommodating of this extra flow.

From this topic it seems like the entire exercise is a bit pointless and possibly detrimental.

The only thinking that remains is whether I can port the intake and throttle body and adjust my tune a bit on the emanage.
The only prob is....do I really want to give up even more low down torque?

Very little gain, however the big bore and increase in compression ratio made a very big difference. I never noticed the kick but the engine certainly pull hard.

MilesH

Quote from: "rbuckingham"
Quote from: "shnazzle"The power of the search feature;

The only probably is....do I really want to give up even more low down torque?

Very little gain, however the big bore and increase in compression ratio made a very big difference. I never noticed the kick but the engine certainly pull hard.

Could you explain exactly what you did to increase the compression ratio and by 'big bore' do you mean the throttle body?

Anonymous

Basically 2zz pistons with 1zz rods and crank, but using forged parts.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Basically 2zz pistons with 1zz rods and crank, but using forged parts.

Didn't it work out at 1.93L?
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "rbuckingham"Basically 2zz pistons with 1zz rods and crank, but using forged parts.

Didn't it work out at 1.93L?

Yep exactly. I know the 1zz to convert not cheap but it is surprising that you don't here people fitting the 1zz crank to gain some easy ponies.

Tags: