Markiii inlet pipe

Started by Anonymous, April 27, 2008, 23:15

Anonymous

sorry im new to this website as I have just brought an 2000 mr2 roadster and i have seen this Markii inlet pipe, I dont wanna sound stupid but what is this and is it worth getting because I looking to start modifing my car and Ive been looking around for induction kits and stuff. Can anyone tell me what it is and is it worth me getting one?
Thanks guys
Rob

uktotty

Rob
Welcome to the site, a search for "Markiii Pipe" will bring in 109 matches, maybe you should start there?
Russ

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadster2000"sorry I'm new to this website as I have just brought an 2000 mr2 roadster and i have seen this Markii inlet pipe, I dont wanna sound stupid but what is this and is it worth getting because I looking to start modifing my car and Ive been looking around for induction kits and stuff. Can anyone tell me what it is and is it worth me getting one?
Thanks guys
Rob

Rob

It depends on what you want, slightly more power or more induction noise, if you want more more then fit the Markiii pipe, which basically removes the existing OEM pipe fitted from the filter box out towards the back of the car (it's neck'd in so reducing air flow) But you will also need to fit a performance panel filter - K&N, TRD etc etc .

Whereas the the induction kit's replace the whole filter system from the throttle body back - removing the existing filter box. Gives you a pretty loud induction sound but the price for this is a slight loss of power.

The Markiii pipe do come up for sale a from time to time, TRD make the same thing at a very high price.

I suggest you do search as recommended by Russ, you will find out a lot more.

Good luck

Rob.

PS I have the Markiii pipe with a K&N filter, suites my car perfectly

SimonC_Here

And if you're quick you might be able to get in on the Apexi kit group buy that's happening Here

Simon

Tags: