Ordered Che Manifold, Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Strut Brace

Started by tom_deas, June 20, 2008, 13:51

northernalex

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "enid_b"d'you think alex?    s:D :D s:D  

j

Erm,, yes... but someone didnt get the obviousness of the comment...  s:( :( s:(

Oops.. missed liz's comment.. sorry..

Vid...  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

tom_deas

Quote from: "Liz"<<Ahem, wandering off topic here!!>>

-still waiting for Tom to show his video, come on Tom, whats keeping you?? Seriously looking forward to hearing what it sounds like!

got a bit distracted today *looks embaressed* problem is i need a mate to hold the phone for a driving one... will get a standing vid tomorrow lunchtime, im determined not to forget!

and no i know its not the only twin centre exit i mean its to best of my knowledge the only Che twin-centre imported. that exhaust deffers isnt one of them as if look closely appears as if the tailpipe curves a bit

viddys tomorrow, i swear on my grave. i went on contract today and got a new phone (samsung F480 apparently?) which appears to have a good camera (5MP anyway with some fancy gadgets) so will try and snap a vid on that
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

tom_deas

::: UPDATE :::

Have taken a vid but can't work out how to get it from phone to PC. looks like im gonna have to buy a memory card, transfer the vid to THAT and THEN plug my phone in. so will try and get a memory card now and transfer vid after work. isnt the best quality but you get an idea for the note
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

onion86

Quote from: "tom_deas"::: UPDATE :::

Have taken a vid but can't work out how to get it from phone to PC. looks like I'm gonna have to buy a memory card, transfer the vid to THAT and THEN plug my phone in. so will try and get a memory card now and transfer vid after work. isnt the best quality but you get an idea for the note

Bluetooth dongle ftw! Cheaper option and works to transfer anything bluetooth.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

uktotty

BLUETOOTH!
Damn I thought these young people were up wiv the techno stuf innit!

evileye_wrx

If there's no dongle then the phone must come with a usb cable. I'm sure I have uploaded things straight to image shack direct from my connected phone. If not I usually email from my phone to my pc, tho a vid clip Might be too big.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

tom_deas

YES, i am aware of bluetooth, but i dont have a blooty dongle. and if im gonna spend money i may as well spend it on a memory card so that i have extra storage space, as i have a USB cable to connect the phone up

ive decided its a bit of a hash but im gonna find a PAYT sim lying around, stick it in my old phone, bluetooth the vid to THAT phone then upload it with that cable. and before you ask, i cant just take the mem stick out of that phone and stick it in new one because wrong type of stick.

so vid coming in about 30mins

LINK WILL BE HERE ONCE YOUTUBE FINISHES PROCESSING

tom_deas

YouTube - Che Exhaust

Bearing in mind it's a rubbish quality vid cos obv taken with a phone, aaaaand thats JUST the exhaust not the manifold. And it's on my driveway not a moving vid, and the engine wasn't quite totally warm. So I'm going to try and dig up my stepdads digicam and get my mate to take a few running vids while I'm driving.

Honest opinions?

northernalex

Nice rasp/bubble to it  s:) :) s:)  obviously sounds meatier in real life  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

tom_deas

Quote from: "northernalex"Nice rasp/bubble to it  s:) :) s:)  obviously sounds meatier in real life  s:) :) s:)

oh no doubt about it. has a nice rasp to it, thats what a lot of people have commented, im quite pleasantly surprised with the sound.

ive got another vid of the car running through a tunnel, not at full throttle because of a damn jag in the way but you get a bit of an idea, but the sound of the exhaust is fazed out by my potty mouth at ignorant drivers so i shant be uploading that one  s;) ;) s;)

tom_deas

better photo

and adding this one just cos i like the photo  s:) :) s:)

and this one.... debadged

markiii

Hope you kicked that poser for sitting on your car Tom  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "markiii"Hope you kicked that poser for sitting on your car Tom  :-) :-) :-)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Looks good and sounds nice Tom, there at last eh?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"Hope you kicked that poser for sitting on your car Tom  :-) :-) :-)
The one with pink sunglasses  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:D :D s:D
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

I thought I had replied to this thread...nice sound on that Tom - like the raspy noise.

Nice pout as well! Just never go down Basildon on a croooooze and pose on your car like that - they will eat you alive!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

TJK

s:? :? s:?
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

tom_deas

kicked him square in the bollocks  s;) ;) s;)

and thanks, is a good sound. sometime this week going to try and get a video of a run through a tunnel, either M4 J13 underpass or basingstoke festival place, both sound absolutely beautiful. very pleased with this exhaust. its been tears, but... just need to get that manifold on now.

Chris

Quote from: "muffdan"Fitted my Che header on the first attempt no worries and no bolts caused me an issue either!   s:) :) s:)  Was I just lucky?

So did I - mine's a stella please alex!   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

tom_deas

i think i just had a bit of sods luck with the bolts. to be fair to me, if halfords hadnt told me three consecutive times that they didnt have penetrating agent then i wudve got that on and might have been lucky... but point what-iffing. going to get it to the mechanic soon, just for some reason worried something is going to go drastically wrong - so to be quite honest, im not in a hurry, id rather put it off for a few weeks until after all my summer mini breaks are out of the way on a trusted setup.

though at the same time cant wait for the manifold to go on. its staring at me atm, begging to be put on  s:( :( s:(

northernalex

Quote from: "Chris"
Quote from: "muffdan"Fitted my Che header on the first attempt no worries and no bolts caused me an issue either!   s:) :) s:)  Was I just lucky?

So did I - mine's a stella please alex!   s:D :D s:D

Hey I wasn't offering everyone  s:) :) s:)  lol  s:) :) s:)   Two lucky people.. I didnt even attempt my own three amigos.. got a garage to do it. Recently had a problem with one when swapping my downpipe for my cat.  Took the garage about 3 hours to get it off and cost me 20 quid lol  s:) :) s:)

I think I bought my plusgas from ebay.
evileye_xc said:

NorthandSouth

That lovely fella Spit fitted my Che manifold...no problems whatsoever   s:D :D s:D
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

tom_deas

again, taken on a crappy phone, so doesnt do it justice, but going through a tunnel in watford

Che in a tunnel

I was SUPPOSED to be going to welwyn garden city, and A1 just outside hatfield / welwyn has an amazing mile long tunnel, but unfortunately no dice

Just watched that video and unfortunately its quite quiet  s:( :( s:(  really need to get the video camera out...

tom_deas

Same cr*ppy phone but in an "enclosed space" near me. Sounds much better this video. Very short though, 4 seconds.

Che in "enclosed space"

NB, I've added a disclaimer to my videos stating that at no point did I break the speeding limit or commit any driving offences and people viewing the video should refrain from such activity themselves. Just thought that covers me... need to try and edit out my numberplate on the other video, somehow. TBH everyone on here probably knows what it is after the whole "debate" lol, but would rather avoid posting it on YouTube  s;) ;) s;)

and additionally ive now added a disclaimer to my OTHER vid, as carefully worded as i could to not ADMIT illegality of what im doing with the numberplate but merely stating that the plate is for show purposes only as it is my name, and for people to abide by their local laws regarding registration plates

albeit, nobody could clone my car without getting a Che themselves so I'm safe there eh  s:P :P s:P

think ive made the point with these vids so no point me taking or posting any more, until ive got the manifold on. but, if anyone is looking to get one of these themselves im more than happy to meet up. there was one guy from essex who PM'd me - ill be possibly heading that end of town in a few weeks if you still wanted to get an eyeful. or likewise, if anyone is interested and DOES want a better quality vid i can do that for them, its just a "getting round to it" kind of thing

Anonymous

Tom

I've heard better quality farts in the bath mate.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Please give it up as a bad job.

Rob.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

enid_b

ouch rob, that hurts.

s:D :D s:D   J
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: