Mark's New Roadster Project [FINISHED - PG4]

Started by ex-member, January 9, 2009, 16:37

ex-member

Ahhh sorry, misread what you suggested there. Well yeh might well do that then. Fancy getting better tips added anyways  s:) :) s:)

ChrisGB

You want to get some springs in the joint as well or you will squash the doughnut.

Looking at the bell, it seems to be on at an angle to suit the "overshoot" so there should not be any gas leakage, or is that just the lower edge of the doughnut?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ex-member

Yup I had new springs but they were meaning even worse contact so I've just went with brute force and jammed everything on rightly, and thus was gonna re check them in a bit to see if there's any movement. Definitely no leakage at the moment, but if there would be any, it'd be on the right hand side as thats the one that has less contact....

ex-member

Another little upgrade  s:D :D s:D

facelift rear lights....been looking for a cheap set for donk, and these came up at a price I couldn't resist!  s:D :D s:D  I think they look ten times better than the dull old prefacelifts....  :th:

markiii

any interior pics?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Oh crap, forgot about the interior! That was a sneek preview  s:P :P s:P

Anyways, nope fraid not Mark, not til I have the red leather bits done too (which I shall indeed get round to doing).

It won't be to everyone's taste in the slightest, but I'm very much going for the colour co-ordination/contrast thing with the white/satin black/red scheme I've chose for the car as a whole  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D

How ironic is that colour scheme given the car Mark was originally looking at buying...!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Stifler

Car looks good, i drove past it last Friday night outside the Wesport in Dundee.  Center exhaust looked cool  s8) 8) s8)

ex-member

lol @ Dan! I can see some excellent photoshops coming up  s:D :D s:D

Ahhh a dundee person again! nice!  s:D :D s:D  Which is yours?

Stifler

Don't have a roadster any more (although I'm trying to get one to replace my slowly dying track car  s:) :) s:) )

Currently have a RX8 PZ, though might be looking to change that soon as well!

I see yours quite a lot driving near the tech park (I live in Invergowrie)

Looks good   s8) 8) s8)

ex-member

Ahhh yeh I didnt recognise the username! Realtime worlds, right? And yup, currently working in the tech park....pah, sucks to be me!

ex-member

Well after a LONG bank holiday weekend....my car is almost complete! All I have to do it re paint the calipers (sorry mark!) and tidy the disks up, fix a couple of other interior parts and then give her a good clean!

Pics to follow on Thurs if I have time to fix all the little bits  s:) :) s:)

markiii

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Well after a LONG bank holiday weekend....my car is almost complete! All I have to do it re paint the calipers (sorry mark!) and tidy the disks up, fix a couple of other interior parts and then give her a good clean!

Pics to follow on Thurs if I have time to fix all the little bits  s:) :) s:)

just a though but they have a special Bigg Red coating on them, not sure how well they will paint

you also might be better swapping them with someone else who pays for theirs to be refurbed and get a perfect finish
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Hmm valid point there Mark....and if time wasn't an issue then fair enough, but I'm in a rush to get them done for JAE ysee  s:( :( s:(

I'll be scuffing and spraying them (high tempt of course), so I have no worries about the paint not sticking  s:) :) s:)

markiii

ooh thats criminal with what I paid  :-) :-) :-)

baggsy a ride at JAE  :-) :-) :-)

ex-member

Really? That expensive dude? I've had similar results using spray heatproof stuff before....mind you, the colour REALLY held nicely with the red you had done!  s:) :) s:)

And yeh fella, ride ahoy! Can't really make speed bumps now, and there's STILL a nasty burning smell....but DAMN she looks amazing (to me!)

ex-member

Righty...here she is. Not clean, and very wet, but you get the idea! The red wheels are the same as the interior but for some reason the dull daylight has dulled them down a bit. Shall get a proper shoot done soon  s:) :) s:)

Front springs hadn't settled here either....but it's bloody low!

All feedback welcome  s:) :) s:)  (I realise my car won't be to everyone's taste!)

inert2k3

Wow, been waiting to see your completed 2, glad your finished Mark!

I like the exterior, the white with red wheels works really well. Also like the matching black wing mirrors and windscreen surround. Not 100% sure on the rear or interior, but each to their own.

Oh and you need leathers   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Anonymous

That interior is utterly vile. Would probably look okay without all the bright red painted bits though.

Love the outside though, colour scheme works very well and reminds me of a 996 GT3RS  s8) 8) s8)

ex-member

Cheers guys  s:) :) s:)

The interior actually looks a lot more "stock" in person believe it or not, but as said, I knew it wouldnt be to everyones taste  s:) :) s:)

Liz

Love the exterior looks really nice - can't say the same for the inside IMHO, but lots of hard work and that is to be applauded.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

Quote from: "Dan M"That interior is utterly vile. Would probably look okay without all the bright red painted bits though.

Love the outside though, colour scheme works very well and reminds me of a 996 GT3RS  s8) 8) s8)

agreed, not sure if its the angle though but the wheels look rather tucked in considering teh arches are stock?

onion86

Quote from: "Liz"Love the exterior looks really nice - can't say the same for the inside IMHO, but lots of hard work and that is to be applauded.

+1, very nice Mark.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Jaik

Another vote for "not keen on the interior, but the exterior knocks my socks off", great work  s:) :) s:)

ex-member

Mark, nah mate it's the bloody skirts and rear bumper....the wheels sat fine before! Think some hub centric spacers may be next on the cards  s:) :) s:)

And cheers guys -- make sure and come say hello at JAE! I'll be the one beside, well, that car!  s:D :D s:D

Tags: